• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boycot mens basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Greg didn't  own me... not just yet. My response to that would be... Greg, what is your explination for the success right away at West Virgina. (Spelling error intended by the way). Can you say Bob Hudgens? Ist year...entrance to NCAA, second the same. always putting up numbers. Can you say "EL SQUIDDY"? For those not in the know- John Calapari. His success at Kentucky goes notice. It herein lies with the upper echelon in chosing a coach. Heath was not the answer after mcCullum destroyed this team. We had a chance at Booby Knight, who was VERY interested in coming here to USF. "WE" didn't want him because "WE" didn't want his baggage. What did he do? Went in, first year mind you, and turned TT into a contender. So you see, it lies in the judgement of our AD. Spend the $$$ you have so carefully put away to get in a NAME coach. Our program also could turn around. In the meantime, I will continue with my boycot. And as many of you know, this is a very hard thing for me to do!

WVU was good before Huggins got there.  In the 4 years preceeding Huggins, with coach Belein, they were NIT champs, sweet sixteen, elite eight, and made it to the 3rd round of NIT.  The coach before Belein, Gale Catlett, won 439 games in 24 season ( over 18 games a year ). They have a strong history and strong fan support.  Also, Huggins is a WVU alumni.  Do we have any alumni coaches like that?  Also, WVU didn't make it to the tourney in Huggins first year

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

so called haters who think they know everyything but know nothing is........... IF USF makes the NCAA tourney in the next 3-4 years with Heath as coach would you be happy?  or is it you just don't like him on a personal level?

bcgruber why don't you answer my questions. Where is the hope? You're asking if USF makes the tourney in 3-4 yrs under Heath will we be happy. Tell me how and why you think Heath will be here 3-4 seasons from now? You also said that you expect much different results next year when the team will have more seniors. See I believe next season will yield similar results, so assume I'm right. Will your thoughts on Heath change? How will Heath maintain his job here if things go as they appear it will a season from now?

• Content Count:  2,523

so new kids can't win right away?  How many freshman did kentucky have last year?  How many do they have again this year.  if you get the talent you can win.  We lack heart this year we are soft.  now when all these kids are seniors next year I expect a much different team

LOL  You let me know when we're going to be able to go head to head and win recruiting battles for 5 star recruits like Kentucky, Duke etc are after...

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

vega when you answer mine I'll answer yours. 

I guess NC should boycott their team now also, they were up 16 and lost as well.

• Content Count:  2,523

Gruber, you seriously need some perspective my friend so you can see big picture.  You're talking about one game from one of the most successful programs in the country who would FIRE a coach for a string of NIT seasons we'd be overjoyed with...

ruger7 i guess you don't see the sarcasim  of course i have perspective thats the point we are not on the same level. so how can you expect the same results.  I was just showing that what happened to us last night was the same thing that happened to UNC they are a much better team, yet I suppose they don't practice either, like some have suggested on this board  (again sarcasim since you don't recognize it when it slaps you in the face)

• Content Count:  1,478

When does football start again? It's a joke we don't full up the sun dome. KIDS GO FOR FREE!! its laughable

• Content Count:  2,052

If Heath gets us to the NCAA's in 2-3-4 years, I personally will proclaim on the steps of the Sundome for all to hear while wearing a dress 1. I am wrong and Stan Heath is the best coach ever...  2. Will buy 6 B Ball season tix 3. probably have a heart attack and last... 4. Shave my freakin head!  No hate towards the man... but business is buisness.

• Content Count:  2,052

Also Bullwark... this is not the most stupid post ever, I can attest to that. These kids excuse is getting OLD!!! THEY ARE GETTING PAID. A SCHOLLIE IS NOT PAYMENT??? C'MON. If you have witnessed their play it has been lackadasicle at best. TRYING HARD??? I think not in my opinion. They have to show me more. If you know me, which I don't think we have had the pleasure of meeting, you would know why I am upset. The name says it all to the remaining few who knows me. It hurts me more than you know to say we need to boycott. Mediocrity is no longer an excuse at our U. We are one of the largest Universities in the country. It is time to pony up to that! Smaller schools do, why not us!

Archived