• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bulls Traditions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

What Hightechbull said.

I know they used to have pizza before the games available to students inside the 'old' student gate (the one closest to baseball field) and you had to show student id to get in where the food was. Good way to attract students to the game, now all you have to figure out is how to keep them interested/involved once they're there.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I am trying real hard on my rehab to get back into the flow. You don't know how much I am jonesin to be at the games!!! I am looking come heck or high water to be at the Memphis game. It would be so cool if other would come dressed as the Reaper or other costumes. This could be called the Reapers Posse. We incorporate all of what Terry suggested as well as some other stuff. So please come and join me at the Memphis game. It sure will be good to get back!!!!     The Reaper

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

Sorry guys for the mishap. That was my first time posting (as you all know and I got some crap for). It was brought up in our board meeting to get responses from all you guys here on the message boards because we knew you would come up with some great ideas. I didn't know that someone else from SBC was going to post this idea as well so I guess I am just the one to look stupid. And I guess I deserve the crap for that.   :-[

On another note, yes we are working on getting people out to the games. There is only so much we can do though. We will continue to work on that, but there are also a lot of people that finally make it out to the game and don't feel involved enough to want to keep coming because they don't understand all of the traditions we have.

That is the point of the traditions flyers. I attend almost every game, so I know many of them, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss any, or see if we could bring back some of the ones from years past that we haven't seen in a while.

Thanks for the help and keep the suggestions coming!

Kim  ;)

Did you go to Saturday's game?  If not, how can you be on the spirit and traditions committee and not attend the games.  I guess it is already a tradition to not show up at the games.  I ask this because according to the time of your post you were bailing on the game.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

To everyone on the board,

All we are tying to do is get your ideas on new traditions. there is not need to be bashing and calling out people for any reason. We are trying to do what you all what, and that is get people at games and for them to have a good time. So please, enough with the bashing and lets all try to help out! There is nobody on the student bulls club board who works harder then kim, so please show her some respect. Thank you, and please keep the ideas coming.

Rat

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I have to agree with Rat.  I am the President of the Student Bulls Club and Kim is always on me and everyone else to get things done.  Plenty of board members were there and this was not meant to see who goes to games but just to see if anyone had any ideas.  And as Rat said, please keep the ideas coming.  Thanks

Chris

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

bigbull/chris -

I assume you and your buddy are the only students at every WBB game that are actually cheering.  I must tell you that today's fast count "1-2-3-4-5 TURNOVER" yell was absolutely hysterical.  Besides the USF fans, you also had the ref (doing the actual counting) smiling and the Cincy girls laughing.  Keep it up.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

Thanks we try to do the best we can and entertain

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I have to agree with Rat.  I am the President of the Student Bulls Club and Kim is always on me and everyone else to get things done.  Plenty of board members were there and this was not meant to see who goes to games but just to see if anyone had any ideas.  And as Rat said, please keep the ideas coming.  Thanks

Chris

bigbull,

I did not know you were the President of the Student Bulls Club... very pleased to have you as a regular member here.  In appreciation for what you do for the Bulls and USF's students and fans, I'd like to contribute to your efforts.  I would like to donate $50 to your cause, to use in ways the SBC organization sees fit.

Please email me at Bulliever@southfloridabulls.com so we can take care of business.

Thanks,

Bulliever

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

MattRat &  lovintheusfbulls,  To repeat what I said earlier, I believe a good tradition to bring back would be allowing students/fans to bring cowbells to the sporting events once again.  

I believe the reason the tradition was originally stopped was due to it being against C-USA rules and regulations.  But with our impending move to the Big East those restrictions on allowing noise makers at sporting events may differ from C-USA's.  And thus may allow us to resume the tradition under Big East rules.  

So you say you are looking for ideas, I believe this would be a great one to look into.  

Also I am curious, to what extent are you looking for "traditions"?  Is the university granting you any money towards this?  If so knowing this may aid in our coming up with ideas, on what is plausable and what isnt.  

For instance, FSU has a tradition before every home game of having a Seminole Indian in full dress ride into the stadium carrying a burning spear.  He charges the field and when he gets to the 50 yard line he throws the spear into the ground on the FSU emblem at mid field.  

I believe it is Colorado that has a live Buffalo that they keep in one of the endzones during the game.

Purdue has that HUGE drum that the band brings out during the game.  They actually walk it through the campus with it I believe before the game playing it as the enter the stadium.  

There are examples of these type of traditions at many college's throughout the nation, but these are examples that must be approved and funded by the University.  Are these the type of traditions you were looking for?  Something along these lines?  Or more along the lines of what I mentioned about bringing the cowbells back.  Or like the tradition of the students and Notre Dame and several other colleges that lift students up in the air while they do push-ups.  Sometimes you can see dozens of people doing this at one time.

Well I hope you werent run off by the negative posts here and that you respond to my questions so I can more accuratley know what it is you are looking for.

Also one last question, if you are not inquiring about some of the more substantial traditions that I mentions, such as FSU, or Colorado where the University would have to be involved, and where it would involve money.  What do you think the chances are of getting the University to start something like this in the future?

Well I hope this helps, and looking foward to hearing back from you.

Spence

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Get Cow Bells back on the approved list.  Now!   ;D

AMEN !!!  We sneak in our Brahman Bull Bells into RayJ for every home game!  I wait to see what the BigE has in store for "artifical noise makers"