• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bulls Traditions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

We tried to do something last year with Ingram when he came for the Louisville game but quickly got shot down

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Look at what Fred Rouse just said about his visit to Bama this past weekend:

“Alabama is all about team unity and that’s exactly what I am looking for,†said Rouse. “The visit was amazing. I mean amazing. I went to the basketball game and they were chanting my name, they had posters with my name on them and I was screaming Roll Tide the entire weekend. They really rolled out the red carpet.

PS: Not to get off this subject, but he ALSO said,

Most recruiting fans would be shocked if Rouse did not pick his home town Seminoles. After all he grew up a FSU fan, knows the team inside and out and fells very comfortable at Florida State. It is home to him. But at this time, Rouse named a top five in order and the ‘Noles were not sitting at the top.

â€ÂRight now I would say Texas is my top school, especially if (Ryan) Perrilloux goes there. I want to be the next Roy Williams and I want him to be my quarterback for the next three or four years. I can really see myself there, so we’ll see.â€Â

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=2&c=339733

Well, maybe Rouse can come here if Perilloux verbals to us. Perhaps, we can even have some SIGNS with his name on it like they did at Bama.  ;D

Sorry, for going somewhat astray.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

agreed... students can do whatever they want during the game, if you start a we want perrilloux chant during a game (prob a bad example since he is midweek, but you get the idea) they cant kick you out!  If im not mistaken you are allowed to bring in signs/banners so why not make a couple.   Hell go hang a huge sheet on the parking garages, near the ath. facility, etc...  its really not that hard to do and most people within the Ath. Dept. would find it amusing

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Hey! Signs with beer cans and "I'm a recruit Bob"  for the Cincy game is in order!!!  ;D

write the ABC's backwards so he can study for his next sobriety test!   ;D

'Spence,

I don't think we can do what FSU and Colorado do just yet.  We're trying to start with small things right now.  Later on when these things catch on we can build on bigger things...

The cow bells is a great idea, but we can't have them just yet.

Of course, the first step is getting students to go to the games, we're also working on that...

Finally, I want to thank all you guys for your input.  Hopefully we can get something special going on here.

Go Bulls!

Mag P.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

Great ideas everyone....Thanks for all the help and we will look into what we can start...Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Posted by: suspence1457 Posted on: Jan 10th, 2005, 4:30am

MattRat &  lovintheusfbulls,  To repeat what I said earlier, I believe a good tradition to bring back would be allowing students/fans to bring cowbells to the sporting events once again.  

I believe the reason the tradition was originally stopped was due to it being against C-USA rules and regulations.  But with our impending move to the Big East those restrictions on allowing noise makers at sporting events may differ from C-USA's.  And thus may allow us to resume the tradition under Big East rules.  

So you say you are looking for ideas, I believe this would be a great one to look into.  

Is there any way the Student Bulls Club could look into this & let us know?  I checked out the BE website, but they only listed recruiting violations under the rules & regulations section.  

I love to bring my cowbell to the game, but I actually got caught with it at the last home football game & had to walk all the way back to my car to put it away before they'd let me in the game.  Losers!   :P

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

[move]FREE BEER  and pizza[/move]

It worked for the four years I was there.  The place was packed with drunk college kids.  I would say that was a huge reason USF fan's were voted the rowdiest in CUSA.  Cinci complained so much that USF taped off the first couple of rows behind the visitor bench to prevent us from sitting there (at all games).  Is that still the case?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Absolutely nothing beats abundant, & I repeat abundant, pizza & beer to draw students.

I guarantee I could bring at least 5 people a game if free beer and pizza is involved