• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bulls Traditions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

As a member of the Student Bulls Club, we are trying to get the fans more involved at the basketball games. I know that a lot of us are already really into it but many people go to the games and sit down and don't really become hardcore fans. Beginning at the Memphis game on Jan. 19 we will be handing out "traditions flyers" to the student fans helping them out on what to do and when during the game. Such as... "when Prekavicious (sorry for the spelling) makes a 3 pointer we shout out MP3" or when the bulls are making a free throw be quiet and put up your bulls hands. This can also include things such as jingling our keys to the opposing team and shouting warm up the bus. I would appreciate it if you guys could post some suggestions of traditions you want to incorportate into this flyer, as we will also be making signs to hold up at the games to help everyone out. Thanks a lot!

Kim, Spirit and Tradition Committee of the Student Bulls Club (ask me how you can join!)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

consider reading the board somewhat before making your posts....   ::)

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Get Cow Bells back on the approved list.  Now!   ;D

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Awright... let's be nice. This is what we're asking for people to do and someone finally gets off there ass and we bust her chops.

We used to do things on an opponents free throw:

If he makes it: "You still suck."

If he misses it: "You do suck."

Whenever an opposing team player would inbound the ball in front of the student basket, it was his last name, and you suck.

Ex: (to the fans around you so as to be in unison) 3, 2, 1... "Hey Taylor! You SUCK!!!"

Before the second half begins, grab a stack of newspapers and pass them out to the people behind the back board: When they are about to shoot a free throw, everyone raises them up and shakes them to distract the shooter. You have to remind them to pick up the newspapers because a lot of fans are there to just socialize.

On ESPN games, we went to Spencers in the mall and got posters of half naked women and would unroll them before the foul shot to distract them!

Jumping around always helps throughout the game (good exercise to keep our women in South Florida shape -- that's how we get better recruits as well as better students!)

I picked USF based on the percentage of chicks coming to our school. If I see hot chicks during an ESPN game and I'm a potential college student, I'm thinking that would be a great college to attend.

Just some of my thoughts.

consider reading the board somewhat before making your posts....   ::)

How 'bout you shut up, eh?  You don't know how hard it is to get other students involved.  Kim and I, aswell as the other SBC members are trying hard to get this school more involved in sports.  It's not cool when someone makes a stupid comment (that being you) when some of us only want to make this university grow into something better.

Margaret, another  Director of the Spirit and Tradition Committee for SBC.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

MagP...The reason why USFBull83 said that was because there ALREADY was a post on this EXACT subject made right before lovintheusfbulls made her first post here.

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1105132082

It was obvious she didn't even bother to look at any of the posts, or she would have seen it.

I'm not condoning what he said, but people here have a tendency, rightly or wrongly, to resent any new poster who comes here for the first time as if THEY are the TRUE fans.

A person taking the S/N lovintheusfbulls would have been expected to have visited this site at some other time over the YEARS it has been in existence.

I just figured you should understand where he was coming from.

Having said that, I hope lovintheusfbulls becomes a regular poster and not just a hit and run poster.

Guest S.  Bien

lovin, and Mag, keep up the good work, don't give up, and thanks so much for your effort and time.

I'll be there tomorrow with my kid yelling my ass off.  Let's make it noisy tomorrow folks, there will be a few recruits at the game as well.

Maybe find out of Leavitt's going to tour any recruits to the game.  You can shout out to the players "We want so-and-so, We want so-and-so"  or "USF loves so-and-so, USF loves so-and-so."  All the big schools do it, and trust me it helps.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Bien...If they knew the names of recruits who might be attending, could they make up signs with their names and give them out to the fans to hold up? Is that allowed?

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

How 'bout you shut up, eh?  You don't know how hard it is to get other students involved.  Kim and I, aswell as the other SBC members are trying hard to get this school more involved in sports.  It's not cool when someone makes a stupid comment (that being you) when some of us only want to make this university grow into something better.

Margaret, another  Director of the Spirit and Tradition Committee for SBC.

well if she would have paid attention AT ALL...  the thread is titled SBC needs your help starting new traditions. so it wasnt exactly hiding  geez

and before you get on your soapbox about getting students involved, bla bla bla... you have no idea who I am or what I have already done for this university, so I dont want to hear how hard is it because I have already been through it  

the SBC needs to worry about getting more students to the games than handing out flyers to the ones there... the few actually attending the games probably already know the "traditions" and will make up better ones on the fly than having a "list" in front of them

PS... welcome to the board, stop taking everything so personal or you wont last long...   :o

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Get Cow Bells back on the approved list.  Now!   ;D

Speaking of this, weren't they taken off the approved list because it was a C-USA rule?  Now that we are moving to the Big East I wonder if there is a possibility we can get them back on the approved list?