• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Fowler Tweet

Guest nybullsfan

other than diehard fans, unlikely we garnered many viewers.

but it was an entertaining game for both sides, outcome still in doubt until very last play.

fowler's spot on.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

28-27 games are a lot better than 31-0 games.. against true freshman quarterbacks

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

I haven't watched the replay, but ALL FIVE GUYS and most of the folks around me thought he signaled for the fair catch.

I'll betcha a dollar that's something schiatano has taught them to do.

I believe the rule is that the arm has to go above the shoulder.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Our D played really well, but Special teams repeatedly dropped the ball and put us in tough spots.

I'd say the pros outweighed the cons for the special teams last night ..... but barely.

I'd have to disagree.

The punt coverage team gave up a free 7 points when any of 5 guys should have made a play.

Mitchell did have a nice return to set up our first score, but that muffed punt toward the end of the game could have lost it.  He's lucky someone from our team was there to jump on it.

What was out punt average?  30 yards per punt?  I'm not entirely sure, but it wasn't good.

Lamar's great kick return was cancelled by a penalty.  Otherwise the unit did ok.

Our kick coverage did a great job.

Our place kicking team did very well too.

So, I'd say our special teams gave up 7 points and scored 6.  Any good field position gained on kick-off returns was lost on punt coverage.  I originally would have given special teams a D, but I wasn't thinking about our Field goals.  I'd give them a C- at best.

ST gave up 7 but scored 6 (including a non gimmee 47 yarder), set up the O for 7 and knocked 3 punts inside the 20 ... We'll just have to agree to disagree. ;)

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Chris Fowler is a jerk off.

fixed it for ya

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Now that he doesn't have Leavitt to make fun of he just rags on our absence of tradition, saying we shouldn't even have a fight song and that none of our fans know it anyway. 

• Content Count:  4,642

yea he's typically a jerk about us, but if we start winning and winning in better fashion than in years' past, then he'll be forced to talk better about us.

• Content Count:  236

not to mention he made that crack about none of the students knowing the fight song.  fark him

Guest nybullsfan

not to mention he made that crack about none of the students knowing the fight song.  fark him

When the camera pans the players after the game, there are very few moving lips - the players either don't know it or weren't singing it.

• Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

Fowler was right last year and he was right this year. 

Archived