• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Fowler Tweet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

USF 28, Rutgers 27.. Much,much more entertainment than i expected. Feared it'd be about 13-9. Fun to be back in the booth tonight.

about 11 hours ago via Mobile Web

http://twitter.com/cbfowler

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  0

Chris Fowler is a jerk.

+1

• Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

Glad they were making fun of Schiano for his "energy" and face making last night.  Nice to be on the other side of that commentary for once.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

USF 28, Rutgers 27.. Much,much more entertainment than i expected. Feared it'd be about 13-9. Fun to be back in the booth tonight.

about 11 hours ago via Mobile Web

http://twitter.com/cbfowler

That statement is spot on.  It's nothing against USF or Rutgers, but 13-9 games are generally fairly boring to watch.  Only Tommy Tubberville could get off on something like that.

Game was certainly a lot more fun to watch that I expected.  I thought Rutgers Defense would clamp down and our offense would struggle.  Our D played really well, but Special teams repeatedly dropped the ball and put us in tough spots.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Our D played really well, but Special teams repeatedly dropped the ball and put us in tough spots.

I'd say the pros outweighed the cons for the special teams last night ..... but barely.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think ESPN got their money's worth last night. I wonder what the payout for us was?

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

I pretty much agree with Fowler

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Our D played really well, but Special teams repeatedly dropped the ball and put us in tough spots.

I'd say the pros outweighed the cons for the special teams last night ..... but barely.

I'd have to disagree.

The punt coverage team gave up a free 7 points when any of 5 guys should have made a play.

Mitchell did have a nice return to set up our first score, but that muffed punt toward the end of the game could have lost it.  He's lucky someone from our team was there to jump on it.

What was out punt average?  30 yards per punt?  I'm not entirely sure, but it wasn't good.

Lamar's great kick return was cancelled by a penalty.  Otherwise the unit did ok.

Our kick coverage did a great job.

Our place kicking team did very well too.

So, I'd say our special teams gave up 7 points and scored 6.  Any good field position gained on kick-off returns was lost on punt coverage.  I originally would have given special teams a D, but I wasn't thinking about our Field goals.  I'd give them a C- at best.

Archived