• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lindsey Lamar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Is it just me, or does he not seem as fast as advertised?  I mean, he's definitely quick, but just no "wow" factor

Pads will slow down anybody. I think he could still use some more time in the weight room and a few extra PB&Js every day. Give the kid some more time.

What is that supposed to mean?  It's not like this is his first time wearing pads.  I don't know, seems like ever since Grothe said Lamar had the quickest feet he's ever seen, people have annointed him the Usain Bolt of USF.

I believe he is the fastest player on our roster; correct me if I am wrong.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He is #6 in the country for kick off return average at 29.87 yards.

he leads the BE.

I wouldn't care if he were slower than me, he gets results.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm just glad that HCSH is not using him as a Running Back... Lindsay is waaaaay to tiny to be running the ball.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Is it just me, or does he not seem as fast as advertised?  I mean, he's definitely quick, but just no "wow" factor

Pads will slow down anybody. I think he could still use some more time in the weight room and a few extra PB&Js every day. Give the kid some more time.

What is that supposed to mean?  It's not like this is his first time wearing pads.  I don't know, seems like ever since Grothe said Lamar had the quickest feet he's ever seen, people have annointed him the Usain Bolt of USF.

I believe he is the fastest player on our roster; correct me if I am wrong.

Hopkins (he is a track guy too right?) has similar speed I believe.  Basically if you see Lamar's back, you will not catch him  ;D

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

That and I believe he set new records on the Track and Field team in Spring.... haha  Didn't he have one of the fastest 100 times in NCAA this year?

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I have been impressed with Lamar. He's only a sophomore, and doing some good things for us. His size is a disadvantage for sure, but he makes the most of it. He is also getting tougher to tackle as the weeks go on. His run after the catch on our first TD drive has huge. He got maybe 4-5 extra yards by using his balance, and refusing to go down.

I am sure he's slower with pads on than without, that's natural, he's still faster than most.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'm just glad that HCSH is not using him as a Running Back... Lindsay is waaaaay to tiny to be running the ball.

You mean you don't wanna see him running anymore halfback draws when backed up on our own 1 yard line?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

You mean you don't wanna see him running anymore halfback draws when backed up on our own 1 yard line?

See also: FSU 2009

Guest Scherdin

Umm...when he hit that hole on the kick off against Cuse he was gone!  The guy has some serious wheels, I'll admit when he's flanked out for those bubble screens he seems to bounce a lot, but I've noticed some of the blocking has been a little weak on those opps.

I'm just glad Holtz finally figured it out to get him in some position/plays to get some open space in front of him.

He'll be fine

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

See also: FSU 2009

Remember that like it was yesterday - folks around me were what is that guy yelling about Lamar ?  Only and I mean I am reaching here - the only thing I can think is that sometimes when the defense is stacked up like they were at the goal line if you get an opening if you have a speed back he will be gone for the TD.

Archived