• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lindsey Lamar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Lamar is a talent with very quick acceleration, speed and agility.  However, he has had issues with holding onto the ball (i.e. latest game against the Bear Cats).  Catching and holding onto the ball seem to be an issue on kick returns, which I am sure Vernon Hargreaves is working on.  Perhaps the issue when he gets hit and drops the ball is his small size compared to most of the guys hitting him.  I hope Hargreaves and Phil McGeoghan are able to toughen him up, because if they can he will be a force to reckon with.   

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

Is it just me, or does he not seem as fast as advertised?  I mean, he's definitely quick, but just no "wow" factor

• Content Count:  2,558

buy him some stickum like that lil kid from little giants

"ready break"

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Even dropping the ball on the first two kickoffs, he still nearly broke one of them wide open.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Is it just me, or does he not seem as fast as advertised?  I mean, he's definitely quick, but just no "wow" factor

Pads will slow down anybody. I think he could still use some more time in the weight room and a few extra PB&Js every day. Give the kid some more time.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Lamar catches passes and is indecisive.  He needs to catch and go.  Faster than most on the field.

• Content Count:  521

Pads will slow down anybody. I think he could still use some more time in the weight room and a few extra PB&Js every day. Give the kid some more time.

What is that supposed to mean?  It's not like this is his first time wearing pads.  I don't know, seems like ever since Grothe said Lamar had the quickest feet he's ever seen, people have annointed him the Usain Bolt of USF.

• Content Count:  1,079

What is that supposed to mean?  It's not like this is his first time wearing pads.  I don't know, seems like ever since Grothe said Lamar had the quickest feet he's ever seen, people have annointed him the Usain Bolt of USF.

No one annoited him the USain Bolt of USF because of what Grothe said, it's what the kid actually does on the Track, kid is fast but just as someone pointed out he's indecisive when he gets the ball in his hands. I'm just scared for his personal well being, he takes some shots being that small at the end of plays.

Rookie Lindsey Lamar, fresh off his first season with the USF football team, made a splash in his first collegiate meet, taking first in the 60-meter dash by running a time of 6.77, the seventh-fastest time in the nation heading into the weekend

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36718&SPID=2927&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204869942

Fontus also ran well in the 100 meters, running a time of 10.50, just ahead of freshman Lindsey Lamar, who posted a time of 10.53, as they moved into second and third, respectively, all-time at USF behind school record holder Llewelyn Bredwood (10.20). (BTW 10.20... **** where's that guy at? lol)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36718&SPID=2927&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204912153

LL and T-Rex in 2008 High School Track Meet (Lamar wins followed by T-Rex)

• Content Count:  4,738

was lil' jon at that track meet?

• Content Count:  4,501

Lidsey is a track guy trying to play football.  Give him time and he will get better and better.  I think he is already pretty good.  Didn't he have a nice little TD return on a kickoff ?  I agree with Rick - a little more time in the weight room might help but the question is how much can he really put on ?

Archived