• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So was it the receivers or BJ?...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,333
  • Days Won:  10

I think it was Fitch who reiterated, after the UC game, the sage adage that the qb gets too much of the blame and too much of the credit. I imagine in almost every game you've got players wide open, easily spotted from the stands and announcer booths. SOmetimes the qb can see them, sometimes they can't. Problem was the ones we had were for easy td's and stuck out like sore thumbs ... The whole offense executed better. This time the offensive miscues were mad by the other team.

Well said. 

However, I did not see much of a running game.  What was our stats for the game?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

I think it was Fitch who reiterated, after the UC game, the sage adage that the qb gets too much of the blame and too much of the credit. I imagine in almost every game you've got players wide open, easily spotted from the stands and announcer booths. SOmetimes the qb can see them, sometimes they can't. Problem was the ones we had were for easy td's and stuck out like sore thumbs ... The whole offense executed better. This time the offensive miscues were mad by the other team.

Well said. 

However, I did not see much of a running game.  What was our stats for the game?

36 attempts for 92 yds ... roughly the same as Syracuse game.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Mostly BJ, BJ it looked like the game was moving slower for him.

I still think the best play was when he was getting chased out of the pocket and he saw Murphy wide open behind the LB and just tossed

It nice and easy for a big gain.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Every aspect of the passing game was better, now was it because of progression or playing the worst defense in the BE, that's the real question.  If we can duplicate the kind of execution we saw on Friday against Rutgers then we know which one it was. 

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Mostly BJ, BJ it looked like the game was moving slower for him.

I still think the best play was when he was getting chased out of the pocket and he saw Murphy wide open behind the LB and just tossed

It nice and easy for a big gain.

That play was there because Daniels is such a running threat. It was nice to see hid decision making improve...Murray was wide open once BJ left the pocket

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

It was a combo of BJ being more accurate (i.e. connecting on the deep passes and giving the receivers catchable passes on the bubble screens and such) and playcalling IMO. We gave them a lot of different looks on the first TD drive and it seemed like they were playing on their heels the rest of the game. Case in point, the first play of the next drive, we go play action and EVERYBODY on defense started towards the RB leaving Landi by himself for the TD.

• Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

BJ showed some incredible patience and poise against Cinci. Especially when he threw the TD to Landi. He took a solid hit right after he got rid of the ball, the BJ from a few weeks ago would have been scrambling backwards for his life.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We won't know who the problem was or is until the end of the season... I think it was BJ and hopefully he has exorcised his demons.

Archived