• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Larkin has dropped us

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

The picture isn't Larkin but the link definitely refers to the correct one along with the bad news.

Four-star point guard Shane Larkin of Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips is down to UCF, Colorado, DePaul and Ole Miss. With visits to UCF, Colorado and DePaul under his belt, Larkin is not expected to make a decision until he visits Ole Miss. A visit date is in the process of being scheduled.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

The writer might have confused CFU for us.  It has happened once or twice before....or it could be that Larkin has eliminated us.  We'll see.

Normal

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I doubt the writer made a mistake, Larkin is gone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

The picture isn't Larkin but the link definitely refers to the correct one along with the bad news.

Four-star point guard Shane Larkin of Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips is down to UCF, Colorado, DePaul and Ole Miss. With visits to UCF, Colorado and DePaul under his belt, Larkin is not expected to make a decision until he visits Ole Miss. A visit date is in the process of being scheduled.

You're right ... I just stopped reading .... Ah ****!

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds like he's going to DePaul. That is terrible if a kid who lives in Florida would rather go up there.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Yes it is true Shane Larkin has committed to DePaul.

Strong bond with the coaches and his parents liked them over all the rest of the teams.

Losing this kid just made USF the permanent floor mat of the Big East for the foreseeable future.

Words cannot describe how bad this news is. Recruiting is over and I expect Stan Heath to be outta here after next season even if it is a mid-major program.

I mean losing Larkin to Oliver Purnell and DePaul is pathetic. He has been having trouble recruiting his own backyard, but to reach into Florida and get a Shane Larkin is unbelievable.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You keep saying Stan is out of here.  He knew this was going to be a very difficult job to recruit to when he took it.  If he leaves because he can't recruit, then he's not the person I thought he was and good riddance to him.  I thank him for what he's done, but we need someone who's dedicated to turning the corner here.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

You keep saying Stan is out of here.  He knew this was going to be a very difficult job to recruit to when he took it.  If he leaves because he can't recruit, then he's not the person I thought he was and good riddance to him.  I thank him for what he's done, but we need someone who's dedicated to turning the corner here.

Apis I just don't see Stan being able to recruit the caliber of Big East players needed to win here. I say he should leave for his sake while he is still attractive to other legit D-1 programs. Stan is a good guy and head coach but his name along has proven to be not good enough to attract high caliber athletes to USF. He would need to be at a place where the school can help him like an Arkansas or MSU.

I really believe that if USF wants to have a top flight winning basketball program then they will have to shell out 2-3 million dollars to get a head coach who's name would instantly attract recruits despite the school he coaches for. I honestly don't see any other way at this point. As trough as the BE has been since USF joined it is about to get even tougher with what Lavin and Rice are doing at St John's and Rutgers. A program like USF cannot lose players like Larkin and certainly not to a team like DePaul who had been a BE door mat too.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Larkin to DePaul? They're worse than us and their basketball arena isn't even on campus. Talk about a kick to the gut!

Archived