• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Larkin has dropped us

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

You keep saying Stan is out of here.  He knew this was going to be a very difficult job to recruit to when he took it.  If he leaves because he can't recruit, then he's not the person I thought he was and good riddance to him.  I thank him for what he's done, but we need someone who's dedicated to turning the corner here.

Apis I just don't see Stan being able to recruit the caliber of Big East players needed to win here. I say he should leave for his sake while he is still attractive to other legit D-1 programs.

It's too late ... Stan's got our stink all over him. His only course of action is to perservere here... Although, he couldn't have picked a better locale for the demise of his career.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Although, he couldn't have picked a better locale for the demise of his career.

Hey, the sunshine and beaches sure do make for positives if a career has to go down in flames.  :D

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You know what?  When Stan got here, all I heard was how great a recruiter he was.  I think if he wants to ride it out, he'll be successful here.  Like I said, if he wants to leave because it's too tough, then, "adios muchacho."

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

You know what?  When Stan got here, all I heard was how great a recruiter he was.  I think if he wants to ride it out, he'll be successful here.  Like I said, if he wants to leave because it's too tough, then, "adios muchacho."

IT is to tough for him. It is unacceptable to lose Larkin to DePaul whose program is in shambles. However Larkin will be the cornerstone for their rebuilding process. Larkin was what...an hour away from USF? If you can't recruit locally then you deserve to faill. Heath is not the answer here at USF and if he does stick it out he may regret it. I look for some 2-4 win BE conference records in the not so distant future. I wouldn't be surprised if we are the next team that goes win-less in league play either.

This upcoming season better be a season to remember with the team overachieving because any ray of hope  Heath and his program still has is depending on this current group making a run in the NCAAT.

SHANE LARKIN COMMITS TO DEPAUL

Point guards are flying off the board left and right lately, and DePaul will not be left in the dust.

Shane Larkin, the son of former Cincinnati Reds star Barry Larkin, popped for the Blue Demons late Tuesday night.

“I chose them because I have a strong relationship with the coaches and they have a good relationship with my parents,†Larkin said. “They play my style of play. [it’s] close to my family in Cincinnati and it has a good education.â€

Larkin is also thinking big picture, as more than just basketball factored into his decision.

“You can develop relationships with people in the Fortune 500 companies in Chicago and have good job opportunities after school if basketball doesn’t work out,†he said.

Larkin, a 5-foot-11 point guard from Dr. Phillips (Fla.) who is ranked #91 in the NBE Post-Summer Class of 2011 Top 150, chose the Blue Demons over Colorado, Ole Miss, Boston College, UCF and South Florida.

He is a quick and smart point guard who adjusts speeds well and finds teammates for baskets. He can also really fill it up in a variety of ways, whether driving to the lane or hitting shots from the perimeter.

“Fast-paced is his love,†Florida Assault coach Diana Neal said. “He is unstoppable in the open floor and DePaul will allow him to play his game.â€

New head coach Oliver Purnell is going to install an up-tempo style of play into DePaul’s system, and that should be perfect for the speedy Larkin.

[/b]

Although the Blue Demons have a long way to go, Larkin is optimistic about what he brings to the table.

“A point guard that’s going to lead his team out onto the floor as underdogs and make some noise early,†he said.

Neal concurs, adding that Larkin should be able to contribute right off the bat when he gets to the Chicago campus.

“Shane is very competitive and he will make an immediate impact at DePaul,†Neal said. “He will definitely help DePaul get back on a winning streak.â€

Unfortunately for Purnell, he was not the first to hear the news about his newest recruit. Due to the timing of the commitment, Purnell was unreachable.

“Coach was asleep when I called so I left him a voicemail,†Larkin said. “He should have a reaction in the morning.â€

It will undoubtedly be a positive and excited one.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1020/shane-larkin-commits-to-depaul/

Inside sources tell me there's a 5:00PM presser scheduled by Woolard to announce the cancellation of this year's men basketball season ... The 2011-12 is hanging by a thread, awaiting the final outcome of our next recruiting class.

Inside sources tell me there's a 5:00PM presser scheduled by Woolard to announce the cancellation of this year's men basketball season ... The 2011-12 is hanging by a thread, awaiting the final outcome of our next recruiting class.

Don't take this coming season in a joking manor Triple B. They need to perform up to what their mouths are doing. This season needs to end in the NCAAT, not the NIT, and certainly not in the BET.

We are stuck with Crater and Haynes as our floor generals for the next two years. Lavonte Dority who was probably headed out if Larkin came on board now gets to show if he can be a PG of the future capable of running a successful BE team.

I'll get a practice report up soon on the big board and let folks know has he improved. I'm hearing he has came the furtherest of the trio since the summer, so I'm looking forward to being able to report if that is so.

Without a good PG USF is easily the bottom dweller of the BE and I don't care if we miraculously sign Greg Lewis and/or any other Big.

• Content Count:  1,079

I think some of you are being rediculous.  We have one ship left and we have 2 point guards on the roster, neither is a senior and one is a frosh.  I know Larkin is good, but we dont really need another PG this class.  I think a skilled big man is a greater need for the last ship or just roll it over to the next class.  The 2012 class will make or break Stan Heath IMO.  He will have at least 5 open ships in 2012.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If a historically good recruiter like Heath has trouble recruiting here... a coach whom we can barely afford in the first place, who would we bring in that would do a better job, that we could afford.

The answer is:  No One! 

Heath is the right man.  It is a tough job to recruit to this school and everyone knows it.  No one is coming in here and going to instantly do better b/c we have no history, no reputation (positive that is) in hoops, and very little support.

The fact that we spent money on Heath in the first place really surprised me and made me happy.  Now we need to let him do his thing, regardless of what anybody thinks of his recruiting successes and failures. 

Don't take this coming season in a joking manor Triple B. They need to perform up to what their mouths are doing. This season needs to end in the NCAAT,

Needs to end in the NCAAT or what?? I have no idea how long you've been following USF basketball but to not look at it with at least a twinkle in your eye would be maddening. It is what it is. If you want to treat it like a life or death situation, by all means, go for it ... I prefer to keep my sanity ... what little is left.

Archived