• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Larkin has dropped us

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,591
  • Days Won:  424

Vega, did you read the recent Q & A with Larkin? He said the more people knocked DePaul and that they had no chance in the Big East, the more he wanted to play there. I guess we weren't bad enough for him .   

No I didn't see that, but I brought up back on my rant ;D when Larkin committed to DePaul that he went there because he was more concerned about putting up numbers then being a part of a good team or a team on the rise. He wants the spotlight on him and a place where he gets to jack up 20+ shoots a game. Out of USF, Col, UCF, and BC, the Blue Demons was the only one that can give him that opportunity to be the man and a market big enough to support his ego.

All I remember from back then is you calling him the cornerstone for DePaul's rebuilding process .... So now he's a ball hogging, egotistical prima donna who wants the spotlight on him .... Okey dokey.

Well you ruined yet another good Thread Triple B, so congratulation  :clap  :clap

Whoa ... If ruining a thread is questioning something you said, my bad. All we heard was that we HAD to get Larkin, our savior, and if we didn't get him USF basketball will NEVER amount to anything (paraphrasing a tad) ... but now he's an egotistical ball hog that doesn't care about team? I was just looking for a little consistent analysis ... plus, I don't think it's right to come down on the kid just because he didn't choose us.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Vega, did you read the recent Q & A with Larkin? He said the more people knocked DePaul and that they had no chance in the Big East, the more he wanted to play there. I guess we weren't bad enough for him .   

No I didn't see that, but I brought up back on my rant ;D when Larkin committed to DePaul that he went there because he was more concerned about putting up numbers then being a part of a good team or a team on the rise. He wants the spotlight on him and a place where he gets to jack up 20+ shoots a game. Out of USF, Col, UCF, and BC, the Blue Demons was the only one that can give him that opportunity to be the man and a market big enough to support his ego.

All I remember from back then is you calling him the cornerstone for DePaul's rebuilding process .... So now he's a ball hogging, egotistical prima donna who wants the spotlight on him .... Okey dokey.

Well you ruined yet another good Thread Triple B, so congratulation  :clap  :clap

Whoa ... If ruining a thread is questioning something you said, my bad. All we heard was that we HAD to get Larkin, our savior, and if we didn't get him USF basketball will NEVER amount to anything (paraphrasing a tad) ... but now he's an egotistical ball hog that doesn't care about team? I was just looking for a little consistent analysis ... plus, I don't think it's right to come down on the kid just because he didn't choose us.

I didn't come down on the kid. I did say you want him on your team. He's a great talent and one of the top PGs in the 2011 class. He is a scoring PG just like Eli Carter who I hope we can get. At DePaul Larkin won't have to change his style of play and because they are so bad he'll be the main man there from the start. That played a huge part in his decision. There are articles that stress that point. Also one of the asst coaches there helped get him to DePaul. The name escapes me but he use to work on staff here but wasn't retained by Heath when he took over the program.

Archived