• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Larkin has dropped us

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

Hell most of his ARK assistants refused to take the pay-cut to come to Tampa...that should tell you all you need to know.

It does ... about USF ... which is really the only point to be gotten across.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Really? There is a MAJOR difference between a Top 10 class and Top 20?  You could have fooled me.  With all the talent out there 5 to 25 are basically the same when it comes to recruiting talent.  Remember there are like 336 D-1 Bball schools.  That is like the difference between 3 cents and six.  Aka minor

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Hell most of his ARK assistants refused to take the pay-cut to come to Tampa...that should tell you all you need to know.

It does ... about USF ... which is really the only point to be gotten across.

The only point to be gotten across about USF and our ability to allure talent, both coaching and athlete.  HENCE THE NECESSITY TO UP THE SALARIES FOR ASSISTANTS.

Furthermore, the other point clearly made was there has been nothing about Heath's past to indicate he's anything more than a competent recruiter, no more competent than any 1-A coach selling Big East playing opportunity.  Therefore USF upping the anty to pay much, much higher assistant salaries to help Heath is a wise investment.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Vega, did you read the recent Q & A with Larkin? He said the more people knocked DePaul and that they had no chance in the Big East, the more he wanted to play there. I guess we weren't bad enough for him .   

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Vega, did you read the recent Q & A with Larkin? He said the more people knocked DePaul and that they had no chance in the Big East, the more he wanted to play there. I guess we weren't bad enough for him .   

No I didn't see that, but I brought up back on my rant ;D when Larkin committed to DePaul that he went there because he was more concerned about putting up numbers then being a part of a good team or a team on the rise. He wants the spotlight on him and a place where he gets to jack up 20+ shoots a game. Out of USF, Col, UCF, and BC, the Blue Demons was the only one that can give him that opportunity to be the man and a market big enough to support his ego.

No I didn't see that, but I brought up back on my rant ;D when Larkin committed to DePaul that he went there because he was more concerned about putting up numbers then being a part of a good team or a team on the rise. He wants the spotlight on him and a place where he gets to jack up 20+ shoots a game. Out of USF, Col, UCF, and BC, the Blue Demons was the only one that can give him that opportunity to be the man and a market big enough to support his ego.

All I remember from back then is you calling him the cornerstone for DePaul's rebuilding process .... So now he's a ball hogging, egotistical prima donna who wants the spotlight on him .... Okey dokey.

All I remember from back then is you calling him the cornerstone for DePaul's rebuilding process .... So now he's a ball hogging, egotistical prima donna who wants the spotlight on him .... Okey dokey.

Well you ruined yet another good Thread Triple B, so congratulation  :clap  :clap

Of course I do have to respond. Yeah he is a heck of a talent and you rather have him him then not without question. However like I Also said then, now, and one more time he went to DePaul to be the man that gets to play his game without tweaking it one bit and was guaranteed to start as a freshman. He's a scoring PG and he will be just that for DePaul. You can Google his comments during the entire recruiting process.

Btw for the others that want to know, Eli Carter is very similar to Larkin. He too is a scoring PG.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here it is:

SLAM: What other schools were recruiting you and what was different about their recruiting tactics?

SL: A lot of schools recruited me but it came down to Colorado, USF, UCF, Boston College and George Mason. They all did a good job about recruiting me but all of the other schools had things to say about each other. Especially DePaul. I heard DePaul is going to be the toughest to win at blah, blah, blah… The thing is that those schools thought they were effectively recruiting for themselves but they were actually helping DePaul. I am a competitor so telling me that something cannot be done is just going to make me want it even more.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2010/11/shane-larkin-q-a/

Here it is:

SLAM: What other schools were recruiting you and what was different about their recruiting tactics?

SL: A lot of schools recruited me but it came down to Colorado, USF, UCF, Boston College and George Mason. They all did a good job about recruiting me but all of the other schools had things to say about each other. Especially DePaul. I heard DePaul is going to be the toughest to win at blah, blah, blah… The thing is that those schools thought they were effectively recruiting for themselves but they were actually helping DePaul. I am a competitor so telling me that something cannot be done is just going to make me want it even more.

Personally, I like that attitude but ****, son, don't you have any grasp of college hoops history?? If there's ANY place you should have been told it can't be done it's HERE ... He got duped.

Here it is:

Personally, I like that attitude but ****, son, don't you have any grasp of college hoops history?? If there's ANY place you should have been told it can't be done it's HERE ... He got duped.

History yes DePaul has had better success, but in it's current state the program is in much worse shape then USF. Also I wonder who on USF's staff ran down DePaul, if Larkin is telling the truth. Stan Heath is a lot of things but he has never to my knowledge used those type of tactics. Heath has always just talked about his school and what a prospect can do at the university he represents. Stan has never went after a player committed to another school either because he feels like it's unethical, even though rival coaches do that to him all the time. I don't know how those other schools recruit, but I have to call the kid a liar if he means Heath pulled something like that when he has never done it in the past.

Archived