• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would You Prefer...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I would say its almost the opposite. We have just started to get the better recruits in the area. Nate Allen is making a big impact as a rookie, Jerome Murphy is doing decently as a rookie, Selvie has a couple of sacks already as a rookie, Jenkins started as a rookie and was considered one of the best DBs in league last year, JR Reed did well before he got hurt, Ant Henry led the in interceptions as a rookie. None of those guys, with the exception of Jenkins so highly regarded when they came into school meaning they were developed enough by Leavitt and his staff to make an impact so early. They were ready to go.

the situation the program has is that there just aren't enough highly regarded/talented recruits on both sides of the ball yet to just plug them in when one leaves or gets hurt.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

To win the three games, go to the St. Pete Bowl and lose to UCF or not make a bowl game at all?

Unless a back up QB can come in like Grothe did a few years ago then I would say no... I would rather not go to a weak bowl to get trounced by a C-DOA team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

To win the three games, go to the St. Pete Bowl and lose to UCF or not make a bowl game at all?

Although I don't think we'd lose to them, that wasn't an option so I'll have to go with no bowl at all ... Why have us play a game we know we'll lose?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

It amazes me how this has turned into yet another discussion (at least partially) on CJL v FCSH. 

Another thing.  If that extra month of practice before the Int'l Bowl was so beneficial, shouldn't we not be in the position we are in?

To compare this year's team to last year's just doesn't make any sense to me.  UF loses Tebow and others, have injuries to deal with and UF isn't very good this year.  So how do you compare the two teams? 

Same with any college team compared to the prior year's team.  Kids graduate and you have to retool.  We're missing all of our starting receivers, most of our running backs and returning an O Line that didn't do much last year (and had an extra months practice).  So why would you expect the same or similar results?

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Although I don't think we'd lose to them, that wasn't an option so I'll have to go with no bowl at all ... Why have us play a game we know we'll lose?

Because it would mean that we win atleast three more games against decent teams ( even Louisville is descent this year). We have a current five game bowl streak. I would hate for this streak to be broken. Also winning some games would increase momentum for next year, would help recruiting, and would increase attendance. For me this question is an easy one.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Because it would mean that we win atleast three more games against decent teams ( even Louisville is descent this year). We have a current five game bowl streak. I would hate for this streak to be broken. Also winning some games would increase momentum for next year, would help recruiting, and would increase attendance. For me this question is an easy one.

Any momentum would be lost losing to an inferior, in-state program ... Plus our first loss to a non-BCS program in 5 years ... Question was easy for me, too.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

What have we become?

All i could think of when i read this post

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I would prefer to see incremental improvement. Whether that's breaking 250 yards of offense per game here on out and losing, or going to a bowl against a UCF team and losing, either on would be an improvement over our last two games. You have to think it will get better than it is now because it can't get much worse (at least on offense). Anyhting to build on for next year would be fine by me.

• Content Count:  521

Since the season is already down the toilet, I would prefer if Skip has any inkling of which freshmen will be the future of this program, please put them in and let them get quality playing time.

I remember the season before we started in the Big East (2004), we went like 4-7 and i remember we started Mike Jenkins and I remember watching him getting burned.  I remember i was getting really mad, but kept in mind that he was going to be the future once we started in the Big East.  He seemed to have quite the career and watching him almost take it to the house vs. Auburn, I remember thinking, "this was the same 18 yr old kid that was getting torched in C-USA.  sure as hell nice that he got all this playing time and experience to help us out."

• Content Count:  509

Since the season is already down the toilet, I would prefer if Skip has any inkling of which freshmen will be the future of this program, please put them in and let them get quality playing time.

I remember the season before we started in the Big East (2004), we went like 4-7 and i remember we started Mike Jenkins and I remember watching him getting burned.  I remember i was getting really mad, but kept in mind that he was going to be the future once we started in the Big East.  He seemed to have quite the career and watching him almost take it to the house vs. Auburn, I remember thinking, "this was the same 18 yr old kid that was getting torched in C-USA.  sure as hell nice that he got all this playing time and experience to help us out."

I am not ready yet to say that this season is already down the toilet. We are 3-3 right now! There are still six games left; alot can happen. If Coach Holtz makes the necessary adjustments; and can keep the team motivated, we can win some games.

Archived