• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would You Prefer...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Now we're hoping to avoid going to a bowl game so as to avoid losing to ucf?  We've come a long way pretty quickly.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I would prefer the three wins, especially if these three wins are against Miami, Pitt, and Rutgers. Losing to UCF would not be the end of the world if we were able to get some wins against quality opponents, and gain momentum during the rest of the season. In addition the three wins would do a lot for recruiting. Also the extra month of practice is very good for a player's development.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We will end up near the bottom of the BE just like last year

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Except, unlike last year we will have no quality wins at all.  We will also be below .500, if not winless, in the BE.  We won't be ranked at ANY point in the season either.

Again, to try and paint the potentially unfolding disaster of this season to anything experienced in last three years is insincere.  We were 3-4 in the Big East, tied with Rutgers and UConn in the middle of the pack, not the bottom.  It wasn't the finish some of you expected, but it wasn't near the bottom either, in fact it was two full games ahead of the bottom. 

Starting 0-2 with a listless loss to Syracuse doesn't bode well.  I wish people would stop ripping their own program to justify the results or equate the failure we are experiencing now.  You don't have to do it.  It's not Skip's fault, so we don't need to revise history.  We should recognize it for what it is and analyze the full picture, not try to minimize past accomplishments.

Guest nybullsfan

Reminds me of the NCAA / NIT discussion we had last winter.

If you remember, the final verdict was "You always want to go to the NCAA's because you have a chance, small as it might be."

I say the same thing about bowls. Hopefully we win 3+ more games and get invited. We WILL have a chance to win, and it's a LOT better than not going bowling.

Except, unlike last year we will have no quality wins at all.  We will also be below .500, if not winless, in the BE.  We won't be ranked at ANY point in the season either.

Again, to try and paint the potentially unfolding disaster of this season to anything experienced in last three years is insincere.  We were 3-4 in the Big East, tied with Rutgers and UConn in the middle of the pack, not the bottom.  It wasn't the finish some of you expected, but it wasn't near the bottom either, in fact it was two full games ahead of the bottom. 

Starting 0-2 with a listless loss to Syracuse doesn't bode well.  I wish people would stop ripping their own program to justify the results or equate the failure we are experiencing now.  You don't have to do it.  It's not Skip's fault, so we don't need to revise history.  We should recognize it for what it is and analyze the full picture, not try to minimize past accomplishments.

This season is a mess I never said it wasn't. It is not an unfolding disaster, it already is a full blown disaster. Our offense is atrocious....

I just said we will finish about where we did last season. To me 6th in the BE is toward the bottom.

At the end of the day the fault lies with the man in charge... Whether or not he can do anything about it skip is in charge of the team. I'm interested to see how the team will respond when we go to Cinci where we have never won in the BE (correct if wrong).

Who is ripping the program? 

You choose to say we finished 6th with a 3-4 record when three teams in 4th-6th place finished with a 3-4 record?  The bottom was 1-6.

Come on. 

A few weeks from now, maybe 12 months from now even, 3-4 will look really nice.  It's a long way from the bottom.  If 3-4 is the bottom, than we're likely going to establish a new bottom.

I think most get my point.

You choose to say we finished 6th with a 3-4 record when three teams in 4th-6th place finished with a 3-4 record?  The bottom was 1-6.

Come on. 

A few weeks from now, maybe 12 months from now even, 3-4 will look really nice.  It's a long way from the bottom.  If 3-4 is the bottom, than we're likely going to establish a new bottom.

I think most get my point.

The reason I said 6th is because Rutgers embarrassed us and UCONN beat us. They had the same record but were slotted ahead of USF due to head to head.

I don't think 3 wins is out of the question. Our defense is very good right now and if we can manage some serviceable offense we will win some games. I think we lose in Cinci, beat rutgers, UCONN, and UL. Probably get crushed by Pitt and Miami.

There are positives with our current team right now... The special teams is improved, the defense is playing as good if not better than last season. If we can figure out the debacle that is our offense then I like our chances to go 3-4. I think finding a way to somewhat get out of this mess will bode well for the future.

If we can get to 3-4 this season would now be considered a success after seeing what we've seen so far.  3-4 was a failure last year, but a success this year seeing how expectations have taken a dive. 

Rutgers, UConn and Cincy?  Is that what you are thinking?

Back to the topic at hand...

If we finish 3-4 in BE we will be bowl eligible, correct?  I think it would go along way for the program to keep that alive even if it is the STP bowl.  A .500 season, a non-losing season would help as well.  We just have to hope we turn some things around and salvage something credible during year one of the transition.  It would give everyone a little more confidence that Woolard and Holtz know the situation they are in.

Archived