• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would You Prefer...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

If we can get to 3-4 this season would now be considered a success after seeing what we've seen so far.  3-4 was a failure last year, but a success this year seeing how expectations have taken a dive. 

Rutgers, UConn and Cincy?  Is that what you are thinking?

Last season was a failure given the talent we had... Losing grothe was terrible for us and that really hurt the season. I was expecting to be in the running down the stretch for the title. With Grothe I think we might have been able. What was really crushing was the ways we lost some of the games. We all no that some of those teams had no business beating us the way they did. The intl bowl was disappointing but it gave us an additional game.

This season I expected more than what I have seen thus far. I expected a loss at WVU but a homecoming loss to cuse at home was completely unacceptable any way you slice it. I did not foresee BJ performing the way he has so far... Not at all. Something is really wrong because I don't think he is quite as bad as he is performing. I'm not sure about his work ethic or attitude though. At least he isn't sitting on a completely different bench than his teammates this season.

I doubt we beat cinci but rutgers uconn and UL I believe are winnable.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the topic at hand...

If we finish 3-4 in BE we will be bowl eligible, correct?  I think it would go along way for the program to keep that alive even if it is the STP bowl.  A .500 season, a non-losing season would help as well.  We just have to hope we turn some things around and salvage something credible during year one of the transition.  It would give everyone a little more confidence that Woolard and Holtz know the situation they are in.

A losing season and no bowl would kill us in recruiting but it's not like holtz is recruiting well right now anyways.

We need to find a way to right the ship.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If we finish 3-4 in BE we will be bowl eligible, correct?  I think it would go along way for the program to keep that alive even if it is the STP bowl.  A .500 season, a non-losing season would help as well.  We just have to hope we turn some things around and salvage something credible during year one of the transition.  It would give everyone a little more confidence that Woolard and Holtz know the situation they are in.

A losing season and no bowl would kill us in recruiting but it's not like holtz is recruiting well right now anyways.

Beat Miami?

:)

Beat Miami?

That would be a perfect way... Unfortunately they are better than they were last year and we are worse. To top it off the game is in Miami. Hate our chances.

If we found a way to win that game that would be incredible and a huge boost for holtz,recruiting, anid the fans.

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Beat Miami?

That would be a perfect way... Unfortunately they are better than they were last year and we are worse. To top it off the game is in Miami. Hate our chances.

If we found a way to win that game that would be incredible and a huge boost for holtz,recruiting, anid the fans.

Miami look great one week, but then look horrible the next. They looked bad last week against FSU and didn't look all that great against Duke this week. If they bring the game they brought to Pitt we have no chance, but if we catch them sleeping; who knows. Not counting on it but I always hope.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It seems to me that some on here are trying to compare what Skip has done 6 games into his inagural season with the first 6 games of the last few years of the xcjl regime. Apples to oranges.

It's typically how it's done. 

The same would have been done had he taken over an 0-12 program.  Except, he took over a program that was at least moderately successful and allegedly full of talent, yet not "well coached" according to many.  Leavitt was an underachiever some said.  So we'll see.

Would you compare to something else other than the status of the team he took over? 

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

It's typically how it's done. 

The same would have been done had he taken over an 0-12 program.  Except, he took over a program that was at least moderately successful and allegedly full of talent, yet not "well coached" according to many.  Leavitt was an underachiever some said.  So we'll see.

Would you compare to something else other than the status of the team he took over? 

Leavitt was a good recruiter of the many athletes you can find in our backyard.  He was not a good developer of talent, nor was he a good leader of men.

to put in culinary terms: "He was good at picking out ingredients, he wasn't good at cooking it"

That's the belief some possess that I was talking about that.  If it is true, the new chef is hired and shouldn't need to clear out the pantry.  He should be able to create a quite a dish, it just hasn't been the case so far.

That's the belief some possess that I was talking about that.  If it is true, the new chef is hired and shouldn't need to clear out the pantry.  He should be able to create a quite a dish, it just hasn't been the case so far.

not always the case look at Turner Gill, Butch Jones, Doc Holliday, Derek Dooley, the list could go on for just this seasons new coaches. If anyone should be able to create quite a dish its Butch Jones who has a history of being a quality coach.

we lost key ingredients used in all dishes last season

and sometimes, those ingredients go bad :P

Archived