• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is a bad system

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

Really man? You have two topics going on the same discussion ???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,037

When you are less than 30% on 3rd down conversions its more than the QB

You're right the WR's are TERRIBLE!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

One area has been penalties, but they even bit us last night.  The experienced O-line has not done anywhere near what was expected.  The QB has regressed past incoming Freshman status, and Defensive backs have done squat for turnovers or coverage.  How many 3rd down conversions have been made in the last 2 games when we have them 3rd and long, and they break a big play?  This soft zone coverage is not working.

Prior to the start of the season I was at a store and talking Bulls football.  I had said something about how bad I expect our offense to be this year.  I was just about to say something along the lines of "even though the O line is experienced it didn't get any more talented over the off season", when someone told me that one of the O-lineman's mother was 10 feet from me.  Saved myself from upsetting the woman.  But my thought stands.  Other than Genus, the O Line is more experienced from last year, not more talented.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

One area has been penalties, but they even bit us last night.  The experienced O-line has not done anywhere near what was expected.  The QB has regressed past incoming Freshman status, and Defensive backs have done squat for turnovers or coverage.  How many 3rd down conversions have been made in the last 2 games when we have them 3rd and long, and they break a big play?  This soft zone coverage is not working.

Prior to the start of the season I was at a store and talking Bulls football.  I had said something about how bad I expect our offense to be this year.  I was just about to say something along the lines of "even though the O line is experienced it didn't get any more talented over the off season", when someone told me that one of the O-lineman's mother was 10 feet from me.  Saved myself from upsetting the woman.  But my thought stands.  Other than Genus, the O Line is more experienced from last year, not more talented.

they're run blocking well for the RBs(Plancher 4.6 ypc, Murray 6.2 ypc). pass blocking is atrocious. wonder why our coaches insist on passing so much??

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

One area has been penalties, but they even bit us last night. 

They have the last 2 games. It's nice to see the better discipline, but the few penalties we have taken the last 2 games are more magnified by how costly they were.

We have also improved in tackling. They were a good number of nice solo tackles our guys made last night.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

We have also improved in tackling. They were a good number of nice solo tackles our guys made last night.

One who has really stood out in this regard, all year, has been Mistral ... There have been very few, if any, times where if he gets a hand on them, they're not going down.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Its not the system I have seen so many open WRs and they are not getting the ball.

That's funny because during the game last night, I didn't see very many wide open wide receivers. That's not making BJ's decision-making ability that much easier.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

So you think you are going somewhere next year with a freshman QB, a bunch of freshman lineman and freshman and unproven freshman and sophomore RBs?   

I hope they have their eyes on a Juco QB that can come in right away and execute his system.

No.  But that's why it's called a "system."  Because it takes time.  I think real fans are being realistic and patient.  We can't expect Holtz to turn things around in half of one season! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

We can't expect Holtz to turn things around in half of one season! 

Actually, that's exactly what he's already done so far... We just have to hope he keeps doing it.

• Content Count:  509

So you think you are going somewhere next year with a freshman QB, a bunch of freshman lineman and freshman and unproven freshman and sophomore RBs?   

I hope they have their eyes on a Juco QB that can come in right away and execute his system.

No.  But that's why it's called a "system."  Because it takes time.  I think real fans are being realistic and patient.  We can't expect Holtz to turn things around in half of one season!  

Things didn't need to be turned around. Things needed to be improved upon yes, but its not like Coach Holtz came in and took over a team that had losing seasons. We have had a good team except one year for the last decade. We have gone to 5 straight bowl games and have had a lot success, granted no BE championships. We have been ranked for the last three years. We have had at least beaten a ranked team every year for like 5 years straight,..... We are taking 3 steps back in order to take 4 steps forward. I was expecting us to be 6-6 . No way did I see us losing to Syracuse and score 9 offensive points in first 2 BE games.

We can't afford moving backwards, having losing seasons, and averaging less then 30,000 people a game at a time of possible conference realignment. We are not Michigan knowing that recruits and people will show up regardless and that a major conference will be there no matter what. A loss of momentum at this point could be dangerous for the program. So I expect Holtz to figure this coaching thing out asap, and make adjustments to make this season atleast respectable.

Archived