• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is a bad system

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

When you are less than 30% on 3rd down conversions its more than the QB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think it's the systems fault, it's Holtz not adapting to Leavitt's players until Holtz gets his own guys.  See Rich Rod at Michigan until this season.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think it's the systems fault, it's Holtz not adapting to Leavitt's players until Holtz gets his own guys.  See Rich Rod at Michigan until this season.

agreed.  its not like holtz was left with a lot of experience in his syyle of play.

• Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

agreed.  its not like holtz was left with a lot of experience in his syyle of play.

Exactly. Just look on any given recruiting website and see a focus on the OL, a run blocking TE, 2 Pro-Style QBs, bigger LBs. We just need to start snagging some WRs though.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So you think you are going somewhere next year with a freshman QB, a bunch of freshman lineman and freshman and unproven freshman and sophomore RBs? 

I hope they have their eyes on a Juco QB that can come in right away and execute his system.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah, i can't see how this is the system.  We just have a QB who has regressed significantly (and frankly was only mediocre last year).  Everyone seemed to be asking why we don't let him just "do his thing" - run around out of control and make plays.  He has done' that tonight, mostly resulting in interceptions.

• Content Count:  486

Its not the system I have seen so many open WRs and they are not getting the ball.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

When CSH came, he said he would work with the team and make it better.  What part of better have we seen so far? We could possibly be 3 and 9 at the end of the season, and that is better than what?

• Content Count:  1,985

One area has been penalties, but they even bit us last night.  The experienced O-line has not done anywhere near what was expected.  The QB has regressed past incoming Freshman status, and Defensive backs have done squat for turnovers or coverage.  How many 3rd down conversions have been made in the last 2 games when we have them 3rd and long, and they break a big play?  This soft zone coverage is not working.

Archived