• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sounds like we may see old BJ back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

if qb cant hit open receivers and makes dumb decisions you need another qb

maybe bj should move to rb

i agree. bj allows wr's to get open by scrambling.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501

I sure hope so because the new one is not putting many points on the board yet

• Content Count:  509

I hope BJ comes out tonight and shuts me and this board up. I still think he has the talent to be a good quarterback for us, and if he is not reigned in too much by the coaching staff he might be able to do his thing like he did at times last year. The kid showed flashes of brilliance last year. If that means he is again our leading rusher so be it in my opinion.

I think how he bounces back today will say alot of his character. I hope he is one of these guys who is not affected by criticism and doesn't take that stuff to heart, and let it affect his play.

Also this game will be an indication of Coach Holtz's coaching abilities with regards of whether he can motivate players to play hard after the let down against Syracuse, and whether he is able to adjust his game plan after the debacle last Saturday

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

if qb cant hit open receivers and makes dumb decisions you need another qb

maybe bj should move to rb

Agreed, I am not asking him to be Joe Montana and win games with his arm

Just hit enough passes where the defense is a little honest and he can win it with his legs!

+1

We need him to hit like 60% of his passes, not miss a wide open WR when they get that open, and not throw into double and triple covg. If he did that the offense would be decent. 

• Content Count:  22

BJ running is the only way he can be used at this point...

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

He doesn't need to be the leading rusher to be good. The RBs weren't the leading rushers last year because they never got touches. If we still commit to giving our RB's 20+ carries a game they'll win the yard totals. We just need to let BJ scramble and make plays on the fly, if the defense knows they can just blitz the crap out of him or drop back 8 they'll do it and they'll win. That's all you have to do against a BJ who isn't leaving the pocket to shut him down.

To be fair, if Urban told Tebag that he couldn't scramble or have designed runs then he wouldn't be half as effective either.

• Content Count:  558

Hopefully, we can use the Rutgers game with all 3 starting receivers in the mix to transition some to the Holtz offense. But tonight and next week at Cincy, let us see the offense from the start of the UF game. Gut check for experienced O-line tonight. Against this 3-3-5 defense, our backs should be hitting a LB or safety 3+ yds downfield. No reason not to avg 4+ yds per carry. If they crowd the line, have BJ option it outside. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hopefully, we can use the Rutgers game with all 3 starting receivers in the mix to transition some to the Holtz offense. But tonight and next week at Cincy, let us see the offense from the start of the UF game. Gut check for experienced O-line tonight. Against this 3-3-5 defense, our backs should be hitting a LB or safety 3+ yds downfield. No reason not to avg 4+ yds per carry. If they crowd the line, have BJ option it outside. 

1-5 Marshall averaged 5ypc against WVU.  I know that game is their superbowl but WVU is very vulnerable to the run due to running a 3-3-5.  The 3-3-5 can be a ***** to block against in pass pro though as pressure is coming from everywhere, with speed.   

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

B.J. is in that awkward phase of trying to mature while the O.C. is trying keep him from what he does best by trying to keep him in the protection of the pocket.  It reminds me a lot of Grothe as a sophomore. 

Let him loose and things should go better.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I think Cuse did a good job containing him, we'll see.

Cuse didn't contain BJ, Coach Holtz did.  I am not saying he would've ran all over Cuse, but he would've done MUCH better than 4 sacks and -7 rushing yards (or whatever the stats were).

Archived