• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all of you OCS peeps...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

About 50% are I believe and most are at the $100 donation level

Sorry, Joe, I think you're wrong on both counts. Looking at the chart below (couldn't find 2010) I'd say a good deal more than 50% of the season tix holders are Bulls Club members and most are above the $100 level.

SBBJILYHJVMGSTA.20090302162507.jpg

My understanding is there are a lot of people/companies grandfathered in, and that is for new season tickets. if I'm wrong, I apologize

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Most accounts are probably grandfathered in, but it would be tough to say if the majority are at the $100 level. Judging by the amount of people in the Club every game, there are certainly a high percentage of account who contribute $1,000 or more.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

About 50% are I believe and most are at the $100 donation level

Sorry, Joe, I think you're wrong on both counts. Looking at the chart below (couldn't find 2010) I'd say a good deal more than 50% of the season tix holders are Bulls Club members and most are above the $100 level.

SBBJILYHJVMGSTA.20090302162507.jpg

My understanding is there are a lot of people/companies grandfathered in, and that is for new season tickets. if I'm wrong, I apologize

Could be a good point but I'd still bet that most of the ones grandfathered in are paying more than $100 .... and I would hope we don't have that many cheap ass donors to begin with.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Would love to see a dedicated Bulls stadium.  But when we do I don't want to start with a 30K seat HS looking arena.  I want us to have a sustained 60K fan base that justifies building a large facility that will not be under constructon every year as they try to cram in more seats. 

Don't do that $50/ticket model, that is NFL, get the most people in as possible at a reasonable price.  Seriously, I would rather stay at Ray Jay and fill it every week with $5 tickets than be on our own at $50 with 30K in the seats.

That's fine, but that isn't how you maximize revneues.

Not necessarily true.  Remember for every butt in the seat you have parking revenue (close to 100% profit), food and drink (95%+ profit), Fan base that buys shirts, hats, condoms..  on and on and on.. (think of what you own with the U on it).. all profit for the school.  PLUS the more people you get to the seats, the better local retention of people who want to attend the university as students, stay here to play, etc. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Would love to see a dedicated Bulls stadium.  But when we do I don't want to start with a 30K seat HS looking arena.  I want us to have a sustained 60K fan base that justifies building a large facility that will not be under constructon every year as they try to cram in more seats. 

Don't do that $50/ticket model, that is NFL, get the most people in as possible at a reasonable price.  Seriously, I would rather stay at Ray Jay and fill it every week with $5 tickets than be on our own at $50 with 30K in the seats.

That's fine, but that isn't how you maximize revneues.

Not necessarily true.  Remember for every butt in the seat you have parking revenue (close to 100% profit), food and drink (95%+ profit), Fan base that buys shirts, hats, condoms..  on and on and on.. (think of what you own with the U on it).. all profit for the school.  PLUS the more people you get to the seats, the better local retention of people who want to attend the university as students, stay here to play, etc. 

That's not true...not true at all.

Parking - You have to pay attendants and even then USF won't control most parking. I'd imagine an OCS built near the athletic district would be bussing people in from the mall area. Parking in most cases would also be included in high level booster fees...

Food - Almost every sports venue contracts someone to come in and they split profits. The school isn't going to run their own here.

You can't argue with results. The reasons schools like Utah, WVU, Texas Tech, etc don't expand to 70,000+ seat stadiums is because the cost of the booster fee they can regulate in their smaller venues outweighs the money they would make from releasing the extra seats.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

vendors are volunteers at Rayj that get a 5 for their cause

I say we build 123,000 capacity and ask for the finals of the world cup

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

Regarding the grandfathering, your seat selection is grandfathered in.  When we bumped up to GJ level a couple of years ago, we were sitting next to people who have had seats since the beginning and donate $100/year.

The difference is that the $1K donation (and up) gets you access to the Club Level.  The other people did not have that access even though their seats were next to ours.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Regarding the grandfathering, your seat selection is grandfathered in.  When we bumped up to GJ level a couple of years ago, we were sitting next to people who have had seats since the beginning and donate $100/year.

The difference is that the $1K donation (and up) gets you access to the Club Level.  The other people did not have that access even though their seats were next to ours.

Ricky, are you in a Green Jacket section?

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The only way we should build one is if we can build it where the mall stands... lets face it there is no room on the east side of campus for a new stadium and the sun dome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

Ricky, are you in a Green Jacket section?

Yes.  Sorry about that.  I was assuming.  We were put in a Green Jacket section which had just become a GJ section the year we joined.  Have since moved to 237 which is also currently a GJ section.  Pretty sure there are still grandfathered people in there.

Archived