• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all of you OCS peeps...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I know the story is a little dated...but here's what 60 million will get ya...

http://thepigskindoctors.com/2010/04/texas-high-school-gets-60-million-football-stadium/

Texas High School Gets $60 Million Football Stadium

April 15, 2010 – Dr. Wedge Buster

Everything is bigger in Texas. And that includes high school football.

Allen High School, located in a growing suburb of Dallas, has approved the construction of a new stadium to house their football team that will break ground next month. The price tag is a whopping $60,000,000 and comes at a time when most school districts are slashing budgets just to keep their doors open.

So how does a school of 5,000 students justify a new, state-of-the-art stadium that seats 18,000 and a video scoreboard?

It’s because football is big business in Texas. Heck, they have the largest high school band with 800+ people (see video) so you can see that they go all out in Allen, Texas.

Allen High School is one of the largest schools in the state and their football team is one of the best. The Allen Eagles are winners of the Texas 5A state title and finished as the No. 2 team in the RivalsHigh Top 100 football rankings in 2008.

Allen Texas High School $60 Million Stadium

The new stadium will feature:

* Video Scoreboard

* Two level press box with film deck and Observation deck

* Home side reserved seating with seat backs

* 1,5000 additional parking spaces with 4,500 total parking spaces

* 18,000 seat Stadium with upper deck seating including:

o 5,000 reserved seating,

o 2,700 General Admission

o 4,000 Students

o 5,300 Visitor

o 1,000 Band

Their old stadium seats around 8,000 and was built 30 years ago. They bring in another 7,000 or so portable seats for fans to max it out.  Many people stand to watch the game and a trip to the bathrooms can take quite awhile.

The facilities are outdated and overrun so having a new stadium constructed is not unexpected. Dropping $60 million is a little outrageous but this is the team that helped fill Texas Stadium with 50,000 last year.

And one way to look at it is that the new stadium is just half of the expenditure.

The stadium was part of a larger $120 million bond package passed in May 2009 that included nearly as much money for a state-of-the-art auditorium for performing arts.

allenhighschool.jpg

allenhighschool2.jpg

allenhighschool3.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

1st - Yes old story

2nd - $60 million for 18,000 seats.  Last years attendance avg: 52,500

+ Real concessions and perks (skyboxes, etc.)

No way is it a model to compare to

REALISTIC comparison would be TCF Bank Stadium.  50,805 seat "horseshoe" style stadium

$288.5 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCF_Bank_Stadium

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The attendance average argument is overrated. I'd rather have a 40,000 for a game paying $30-50 a ticket, than 55000 paying as little as $5.30

Just saying...

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Would love to see a TCF Bank clone on Campus....I would not be surprised if you put it out for bid right now...you could probably get a bid a little lower than that $288.5 million since that thing was built closer to when construction costs were much higher. You build it right now....in this economy....you could probably get it for closer to $250 million.

If the school was serious about it, I'd give them $1000 for one of those.....now they would only need to find 288,499 other donors to match my offer.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

The attendance average argument is overrated. I'd rather have a 40,000 for a game paying $30-50 a ticket, than 55000 paying as little as $5.30

Just saying...

It will be soon enough.  Look at our game at the swamp.  90k & I bet nobody paid $5.30  You just need to give the program time to grow.

• Content Count:  763

If the school was serious about it, I'd give them $1000 for one of those.....now they would only need to find 288,499 other donors to match my offer.

Count me in, only 288,498 to go :D

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Would love to see a TCF Bank clone on Campus....I would not be surprised if you put it out for bid right now...you could probably get a bid a little lower than that $288.5 million since that thing was built closer to when construction costs were much higher. You build it right now....in this economy....you could probably get it for closer to $250 million.

I'd donate a $1,000 for a new football OCS... only 288,487 to go now.

However they will need to build it where the mall stands now... or where suitcase city stands now... I'm saving up to open a kick ass Bulls bar near or next our future OCS.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I'd donate a $1,000 for a new football OCS... only 288,487 to go now.

However they will need to build it where the mall stands now... or where suitcase city stands now... I'm saving up to open a kick *** Bulls bar near or next our future OCS.

I too would be in for $1,000...heck start a fund now and start gaining some interest on it.  ;D

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i would donate a substantial amount to an OCS

• Content Count:  1,479

Sounds like a good start for TheBullspen.com On Campus Stadium Complex  ;D

Archived