• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all of you OCS peeps...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Would love to see a TCF Bank clone on Campus....I would not be surprised if you put it out for bid right now...you could probably get a bid a little lower than that $288.5 million since that thing was built closer to when construction costs were much higher. You build it right now....in this economy....you could probably get it for closer to $250 million.

If the school was serious about it, I'd give them $1000 for one of those.....now they would only need to find 288,499 other donors to match my offer.

i work in design (both civil flat work and building construction) and we're typically seeing bids come in about 30%-35% lower than the engineer's estimate in the states that are hurting like Michigan and Florida.  assume we built something amazing for $300M, then i wouldn't be surprised to see bids come in around $200-$210M, especially in Florida where there is zero work.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642

anyone have numbers on papa john's stadium?  (construction cost)  and then also the cost of the new addition?

i would imagine we'd almost mirror them since we mirror our athletic department after them.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jim,

You completely removed booster fees. You drop possible attendance and add booster fees you make a yon more money.

Think of it this way. The minimum donation for 2WVU season tix is $800, plus cost of tix.

At UF it's 4,500 plus cost of tix.

Right now we have only a handful of booster ticket holders.

And it wasn't money for Minnesota...it was the ability to raise revenue as fast as try could. Right now it's about $1000 for the right to buy two nose bleeds.

That's why USF will build a smaller stadium if it's ever built.

There are several schools that could go a lot bigger on their stadiums but don't to maximize revenues.

Just to note Jim. It's why schools like Texas Tech, WVU, Ole Miss, and Oregon stick with smaller stadiums, rather than the giants they could fill.

• Content Count:  993

I got 10k on it over 10 years. That way we only need like 30000 people  ;). At least we should start a fund. So that in like 20 years when we want to build an OCS the money is there.

give your 10k to the atheltic department anyway and it will push other higher priority projects into fruition and thus an OCS will stil be closer to reality.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The vast majority of season ticket holders are already Bull Club contributors.

About 50% are I believe and most are at the $100 donation level

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I agree flip. I don't think an on-campus stadium would attract any more in donations.

why would boosters pay more for less of a stadium? because it's on campus??  I understand limiting supply in order to increase demand but we couldn't fill a 30k seat stadium with season ticket holders now. do you think we'd attract more boosters just because it would be on campus? I actually like the convenience of ray jay, all the amenities and the quality of the stadium. we're lucky enough to be located in a city with a top notch municipal stadium. keep the excess funds for other facilities and athletic operations.

UConn's stadium isn't on campus.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Q: WHAT IS THE GENERAL SCOPE OF THE PROJECT?

While design details are still being finalized, we do know quite a bit about the scope of the project. Highlights of the renovation include:

• The lower bowl and southside stands (originally constructed in 1950) will be completely demolished and reconstructed

• Premium seating opportunities, including suites, loge boxes, and club seating will be added to the facility

• A state-of-the-art football operations building, including team meeting rooms, recruiting facilities and coaches offices will be incorporated into the west end of the stadium.

• The field will be lowered approximately four feet to bring seating closer to the playing surface and improve sightlines.

• The track will be removed and relocated to another site on-campus.

This sounds more like the stadium was built in 1950 and is now a piece of crap rather than "our fans complain we don't have enough flat screens in the concourse or cup holders at their seats".

Also sounds like they're adding a helluvalot of AMENITIES ... if college football atmosphere was all about **** stadiums, why not just do bare minimum when renovating? Fact is college football atmosphere is made by the fans, bands, teams, not location or what you're sitting on.

• Content Count:  1,633

Vast Majority? Link?

There are certain sections, where to get season tix, you have to donate. There are plenty of sections (south end zone, east and west upper decks) where no donation was needed.

Archived