• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all of you OCS peeps...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

When looking at my ticketmaster acct, it looks like sections 219-220, 131-128, lower level end zone, and 327-328 you can buy through ticketmaster without paying a donation. Other than that, you have to call your ticket rep which prolly means donation.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Right now we have only a handful of booster ticket holders.

The vast majority of season ticket holders are already Bull Club contributors.

I agree flip. I don't think an on-campus stadium would attract any more in donations.

why would boosters pay more for less of a stadium? because it's on campus??  I understand limiting supply in order to increase demand but we couldn't fill a 30k seat stadium with season ticket holders now. do you think we'd attract more boosters just because it would be on campus? I actually like the convenience of ray jay, all the amenities and the quality of the stadium. we're lucky enough to be located in a city with a top notch municipal stadium. keep the excess funds for other facilities and athletic operations.

UConn's stadium isn't on campus.

Ignoring everything else I said. I don't think it will ever happen. We will NEVER have an on campus stadium. I'm convinced now.

That being said, you can build a stadium with amenities (suites, club level) and other seating elsewhere and have 50,000 seats.

If an oncampus stadium ever happened, that is what it will be. To suggest 65,000 is a bit extreme, even with a 10 year projection. The stadium would not be profitable at that size.

• Content Count:  1,985

Would love to see a dedicated Bulls stadium.  But when we do I don't want to start with a 30K seat HS looking arena.  I want us to have a sustained 60K fan base that justifies building a large facility that will not be under constructon every year as they try to cram in more seats. 

Don't do that $50/ticket model, that is NFL, get the most people in as possible at a reasonable price.  Seriously, I would rather stay at Ray Jay and fill it every week with $5 tickets than be on our own at $50 with 30K in the seats.

When looking at my ticketmaster acct, it looks like sections 219-220, 131-128, lower level end zone, and 327-328 you can buy through ticketmaster without paying a donation. Other than that, you have to call your ticket rep which prolly means donation.

We were selling $80 lower level endzone season tickets without booster fees. I don't think the 100s lower level endzone requires a donation.

Would love to see a dedicated Bulls stadium.  But when we do I don't want to start with a 30K seat HS looking arena.  I want us to have a sustained 60K fan base that justifies building a large facility that will not be under constructon every year as they try to cram in more seats. 

Don't do that $50/ticket model, that is NFL, get the most people in as possible at a reasonable price.  Seriously, I would rather stay at Ray Jay and fill it every week with $5 tickets than be on our own at $50 with 30K in the seats.

That's fine, but that isn't how you maximize revneues.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

About 50% are I believe and most are at the $100 donation level

Not even close on both accounts.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That being said, you can build a stadium with amenities (suites, club level) and other seating elsewhere and have 50,000 seats.

If an oncampus stadium ever happened, that is what it will be. To suggest 65,000 is a bit extreme, even with a 10 year projection. The stadium would not be profitable at that size.

Agree with you on this. I think 55,000 is the maximum number of seats to start with, leaving room for expansion.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Maybe this just needs to be simplified so everyone can understand it?

If you fly 6 times a year, do you.....

A. buy a jet

B. buy 6 first class seats on an airplane?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

About 50% are I believe and most are at the $100 donation level

Sorry, Joe, I think you're wrong on both counts. Looking at the chart below (couldn't find 2010) I'd say a good deal more than 50% of the season tix holders are Bulls Club members and most are above the $100 level.

SBBJILYHJVMGSTA.20090302162507.jpg

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Right now we have only a handful of booster ticket holders.

The vast majority of season ticket holders are already Bull Club contributors.

I agree flip. I don't think an on-campus stadium would attract any more in donations.

why would boosters pay more for less of a stadium? because it's on campus??  I understand limiting supply in order to increase demand but we couldn't fill a 30k seat stadium with season ticket holders now. do you think we'd attract more boosters just because it would be on campus? I actually like the convenience of ray jay, all the amenities and the quality of the stadium. we're lucky enough to be located in a city with a top notch municipal stadium. keep the excess funds for other facilities and athletic operations.

UConn's stadium isn't on campus.

Ignoring everything else I said. I don't think it will ever happen. We will NEVER have an on campus stadium. I'm convinced now.

I agree. I don't think we need one and I don't think we build one.

I'm not arguing bigger is better either and if we ever did build one it would be around 50k like you suggest(unless we have some ridiculous growth in donors and season ticket holders which I don't anticipate).

Archived