• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe Skip's family isn't so perfect??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

The threat came after midnight via text.

"Shortly after midnight on May 1, Cochran received a text from Trey Holtz’s phone asking where he was, according to testimony.

“Why?†Cochran wrote.

“Cause ur bout to get ur a­­beat,†came the reply."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a gun advocate and my wife and I both have concealed permits but, this guy was out of line....lol holding 16 year old kids at gun point? Like Mike said earlier, I would've just went out in my driveway and told the kids to leave. Any static from that one kid and he would've had his tail whipped right there in MY driveway on MY property. End of story.

In FL the "stand your ground" law is fabulous. It states though, that the attacker must have the means to hurt/kill you (weapon or physical size), intent to hurt/kill you (hey! I'm going to hurt/kill you!!!), and the proxemity to hurt/kill you (physically infront of you with weapon/size and intent). Three unarmed teenagers in a car by your neighbors house doesn't meet any of that criteria.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Skip Holtz...It's 3:30 AM.

Do you know where your children are?

Come on now, when i was that age i was out until 7am some nights doing crazy stuff. Normal teenager actions.

• Content Count:  1,633

I'm sorry but I missed Holtz's speech where he claimed his family was perfect.  Or if that's not the case, please let us know who made that claim.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm going to pretend to be serious for a moment: Its not OK to talk about HS Football players on this board "see recent post by moderator", but its OK to talk about a HS kid who's father happens to be our coach. 

So-is it we can't talk about HS Kids if they play football or we can't talk about HS kids?  Last I checked Skip was not the one at the door at 3am.  Just trying to understand the board policy on underage kids doing stupid ****....

Show of hands who did not do something stupid in HS....  Hint* mine is down

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

How many of us haven't don't stupid things when we were young? Including the majority that just didn't get CAUGHT doing so.

This thread is stupid. 

Only reason that it is getting attention is that it happened to be Skip's kid (and even then, I don't care)... otherwise it would not be newsworthy at all

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

I'm a gun advocate and my wife and I both have concealed permits but, this guy was out of line....lol holding 16 year old kids at gun point? Like Mike said earlier, I would've just went out in my driveway and told the kids to leave. Any static from that one kid and he would've had his tail whipped right there in MY driveway on MY property. End of story.

In FL the "stand your ground" law is fabulous. It states though, that the attacker must have the means to hurt/kill you (weapon or physical size), intent to hurt/kill you (hey! I'm going to hurt/kill you!!!), and the proxemity to hurt/kill you (physically infront of you with weapon/size and intent). Three unarmed teenagers in a car by your neighbors house doesn't meet any of that criteria.

We have a gun in the house, and I use the "don't pull it out unless you plan on actually shooting someone" rule.  If I had a son involved in this situation, I would get on him quite hard, THEN I would go kick the "dad" in the flippin teeth. With that said, the kid that challenged the guy with the gun, is VERY lucky to be alive.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,765

This reminds me of the case - a few weeks back - where a guy in NYC felt threatened by some gang members on his property (not in his house) and he fired one round from his AK-47 into the ground as a 'warning / intimidation' shot. He too was arrested. This will be a test of the 'stand your ground' law here in Florida, and I'm not sure this guy will come out on top. The only time the firearm should be pointed is if you indeed plan to shoot-to-kill. This guy could just have easily stayed inside the house until the police arrived. If the kids breached the house, well, that's a different story. The issue here will be defining what constitutes 'feeling threatened', given that the article says the objects in the kids hands were not immediately identified as cell phones, and the homeowner could have reasonably assumed them to be firearms.

I agree that the only reason we're discussing this here is that it involves CSHs son and Plant HS students.

And I do think the homeowner got a little bit too John Wayne.

• Content Count:  2,213

The threat came after midnight via text.

"Shortly after midnight on May 1, Cochran received a text from Trey Holtz’s phone asking where he was, according to testimony.

“Why?†Cochran wrote.

“Cause ur bout to get ur a­­beat,†came the reply."

Humiliating for Holtz and emabarrassing for USF.

Plant football  seems like a bunch of coddled punks.

• Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

We need to play football and leave family criticism off this board

Archived