• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe Skip's family isn't so perfect??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't sound like very good press for coaches son.

The Defendant was 100% wrong though.  He shouldn't have pulled nor discharged the firearm.  If his son was in that much danger to need to pull a gun, it's would have been a life-and-death situation and he wouldn't have been aiming at the ground.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Looks like the coaching line is ending after 2. Pretty despicable actions from anybody, much less the Coach of BCS programs kid. Hopefully the law prevails and the charges are dropped.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

that is an over reaction of epic proportions... if a bunch of clown HS students are threatening to beat up your kid... fine be mad... call the police...

Yell at them tell them you are calling the cops and take down the plate tag...

Don't take out a gun a hold the kids and fire shots... That is pure stupidity.

Those plant players shouldn't be threatening people like that but come on...

• Content Count:  1,479

Welcome to Florida. Assume everyone has a gun/knife/taser on them, don't bully people, don't show up to their house late at night. I don't see this guy being convicted by a jury, maybe it was an overreaction, but still had reason to believe they were there to harm a family member of his.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

More details here: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/17/171614/tale-of-a-gun-a-man-and-3-plant-high-students-head/news-breaking/

Sounds to me like the guy was defending his family. There is no excuse for snot-nosed kids coming around to harrass people at 3:30 in the morning, and this had been building for a few days.

He fired the gun when one of the kids came at him.

What he might have done differently was to announce a Citizen's Arrest to officially take control of the situation...although I can't say I have any knowledge of that aspect of Florida law.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

that is an over reaction of epic proportions... if a bunch of clown HS students are threatening to beat up your kid... fine be mad... call the police...

Yell at them tell them you are calling the cops and take down the plate tag...

Don't take out a gun a hold the kids and fire shots... That is pure stupidity.

Those plant players shouldn't be threatening people like that but come on...

Its Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino, taking a bunch of wannabe thugs and showing them to the barrel of his shotgun...After the vandalized property and threatened bodily harm. **** those kids. They are lucky they dealt with someone who had a little restraint otherwise they would be dead.

• Content Count:  1,757

I just read the article and I 100% retract my initial statement, nightly news made it sound like it happened in daylight in a public place.  Come to the mans house at 3:30 am, threaten his son, charge him... man would have been 100% right an should have put those rounds into the center of mass of the attackers... 100% he should be acquitted.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The son was threatened during the day.  They showed up at 3:30am to egg the kids car.  Not exactly life threatening.

My father would have told me to kick their ass the next day, not come out with a shotgun because they were egging my car.

Kids being kids, all around.

Archived