• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe Skip's family isn't so perfect??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

They better watch out because next time there might be citizens on patrol.

bobcat_goldthwait_police_academy_320.jpg

• Content Count:  1,757

The son was threatened during the day.  They showed up at 3:30am to egg the kids car.  Not exactly life threatening.

My father would have told me to kick their *** the next day, not come out with a shotgun because they were egging my car.

Kids being kids, all around.

Umm did you even read the article?  These thugs we're there to egg a house, they were there to cause great bodily harm to a kid.  He should not have to determine the attackers motives while assaulting his home and property.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Around 3:30 a.m., a group of teenagers egged and spray painted his family's SUV.

Just before 11 that night, he received word that a group of classmates from Plant High School were headed to his south Tampa house. One of the cars was driven by Trey Holtz, son of USF football coach Skip Holtz. Cochran said in court Friday that Trey Holtz had threatened to beat him up.

The kids were outside the house, not inside.  Obviously they had not talked to anyone while they were busy egging and spray painting the car.  Do you think they stopped to spray paint the car on the way to beat up the kid?  Please tell me where in the article it says they threatened the kid at 3:30am.

That's the trouble with trials, everyone listens to the story the attorney tries to paint, and no one listens to the facts.  Don't assume.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Obviously the players involved were stupid, and should not have been threatening anyone.  But let's not pretend they showed up with shotguns and were assaulting people.

Two kids threatened to have a fight in school.  Then some kids went to egg another car in the middle of the night.

Gee, that never happened when you were in school, did it?

• Content Count:  154

Good thing this didn't come out right before the Gator game. Who knows what those Gator fans would have been shouting at Skip (and how it would have affected the team).

Or...maybe it would've motivated them and we would've WON!!!

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Unless the law has changed....force can only be met with equal force....thus unless they showed up with guns....you are NOT allowed to pull out your gun.

If they were going to egg the house....I suppose you could then egg them....but they can pretty much egg your house and besides calling the police...there isn't much you can do about it. Only if they are inflicting bodily harm to your person.

Trey is a rich kid going to Plant HS....um, typical rich kid behavior. Might as well just send him off to a Peruvian prison....I doubt this will be the last time we hear about this punk.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Some people are making too much of a big deal about this and to blame put the heat on Coach Holtz is uncalled for. I'm sure the kid will be disciplined by his dad correctly and hopefully he makes smarter decisions. I see this just as teenagers being teenagers.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

How come Trey Holtz' Plant High classmates in the group and their families didn't get all the free publicity in the newspapers like the Holtz family?  Doesn't seem fair!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Kinkd of bizarre that the 3 kids knew they had to appear in court today and they still went to Abilene with the team for last night's game.  Almost seems like this was being kept under wraps by someone until it broke today.

Archived