• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe Skip's family isn't so perfect??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

2. The articles plainly state that the kids were parked in front of a neighbor's house, not his. The alleged perps were not on his property.

Exactly why the guy needed to be arrested, and he is being prosecuted.  He cant do what he wants because of any of the facts stated so far.  It is a mess, he probably let his anger take place, and assuming he was correct, he had a right to take "legal" action.  It is a shame he didn't follow that advice and committed his own crime in the process of dealing with his concerns.

Clearly, if they can tie the teens to the threats, beatings, or damage to the car, then they should be prosecuted too. 

Plenty of stupidity to go around on this one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

2. The articles plainly state that the kids were parked in front of a neighbor's house, not his. The alleged perps were not on his property.

Exactly why the guy needed to be arrested, and he is being prosecuted.  He cant do what he wants because of any of the facts stated so far.  It is a mess, he probably let his anger take place, and assuming he was correct, he had a right to take "legal" action.  It is a shame he didn't follow that advice and committed his own crime in the process of dealing with his concerns.

Clearly, if they can tie the teens to the threats, beatings, or damage to the car, then they should be prosecuted too. 

Plenty of stupidity to go around on this one.

Bingo.

One stupid thing, doesnt make another stupid thing OK.

Both should be punished.

If they knew Holtz's kid was involved in spray painting their car, they should have take legal action against him. None of this vigilante ********.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The son was threatened during the day.  They showed up at 3:30am to egg the kids car.  Not exactly life threatening.

My father would have told me to kick their *** the next day, not come out with a shotgun because they were egging my car.

Kids being kids, all around.

Read it again.  They spray painted the car.  That is serious damage, probably felony level.  PRetty serious allegations.

First, you don't know what they used to spray paint the car.  If it was the stuff that washes off, it isn't. 

More importantly, spray painting a car is not life threatening, as you have been arguing. 

Get 'em on video while you are calling the police.  Pretty much all that needed to be done.

Do you think Trey Holtz would really risk his football eligibility to beat up some kid.  Let's be real.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Having said that, Skip needs to plant a #14 shoe straight up Trey's ***, sell that **** Mustang, and make the kid finance his own ride. He has no business being out at that time of night at that age.

Now that is sensible advice!

• Content Count:  7,201

The son was threatened during the day.  They showed up at 3:30am to egg the kids car.  Not exactly life threatening.

My father would have told me to kick their *** the next day, not come out with a shotgun because they were egging my car.

Kids being kids, all around.

Read it again.  They spray painted the car.  That is serious damage, probably felony level.  PRetty serious allegations.

First, you don't know what they used to spray paint the car.  If it was the stuff that washes off, it isn't. 

More importantly, spray painting a car is not life threatening, as you have been arguing. 

Get 'em on video while you are calling the police.  Pretty much all that needed to be done.

Do you think Trey Holtz would really risk his football eligibility to beat up some kid.  Let's be real.

Sounds to me like it was two guys fighting over a girl.  And he allegedly said he was coming over to kick they guy's arse.  So, in a heat of passion, yes I could see a guy risk eligibility to go over and fight a guy.  These guys are 16 year olds.

Heck, look at Rainey at UF.  He was much older and wiser and texted the girl it was time to die.  Or Mike Ford, after multiple arrests and no license he chooses to ride on campus on a moped on the sidewalk.  Or Barringer who risked it all on a few unpaid parking tickets.  Or the two USF basketball players who were arrested for dine and dash back in May or June of this year.  It is nice to package it up and say a kid wouldn't do something that would adversely impact them, but it happens every day.

• 2 months later...

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Whatever happened in this incident? Was there some resolution, or is it still pending?

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/october/166916/Man-accused-of-holding-up-three-teens-at-gunpoint-takes-plea-deal

Guest nybullsfan

Whatever happened in this incident? Was there some resolution, or is it still pending?

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/october/166916/Man-accused-of-holding-up-three-teens-at-gunpoint-takes-plea-deal

Thanks! Pretty wimpy sentence for the guy.

Any word on what punishment the kids received? Did they get kicked off the football team or anything?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,765

The thing to consider is WHO is involved here. This is not the sort of pub that Plant High School wants, so it was in everyones best interest to let this fade away. I never heard what happened to the kids, but that wouldn't make it to the media anyway. I agree that the guy should have gotten a stiffer sentence, but no one involved really wanted to pursue that, and since you couldn't very well just turn a blind eye, this is the next best thing.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,765

...and remember kids, what happens south of Kennedy, stays south of Kennedy. :satan

Archived