• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe Skip's family isn't so perfect??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Kids will be kids, but that doesn't make it right. That group shoulda been at home, in bed at 330am.

That being said, pops doesnt need to be poppin a round off at 330am and holdin a bunch of high school kids at gunpoint.

There is a lost of wrongdoing here on both sides.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

To be fair....coaching football at the college or NFL level is not always condusive to raising children.

Andy Reid has had problems with his kids.....I am also sure Tony Dungy wishes he could have done something to stop his son James from committing suicide. (Not saying Tony had anything to do with it just I can only imagine how hard that would be as a father.)

I imagine most coaches work more hours than the average father so there may not be as much "parental oversight".

Hopefully, this kid can learn something from this but so often they don't.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

obviously the kids are stupid for running around trying to egg someones car at 3am... or threatening to beat another kid up or whatever... Do you guys really have no recollection of what some of you did in high school? I'm sure this is child's play compared to what some others have been involved with in high school

no need to match someones egg with a gun...

that said i'm sure skip would take care of this situation as he should...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

also--- coach weiner should probably do his part as well...

these clowns would be suspended from my team

• Content Count:  44

This whole situation is ridiculous. If you look at it the father broke the law just as much if not more than the kids. Both parties made bad decisions. Making 3 teenagers get on their knees and holding them at gunpoint is way over the line, and discharging the firearm was absolutely wrong. The father pretty much screwed himself right there. If he would have handled it properly then he would not be in the predicament he is in now. There is a line between protecting yourself and your family and pulling and firing a gun at three unarmed teenagers regardless of what hour it is.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

The kids are stupid, but the father is worse.  If you take out a firearm under the stand your ground law, you better fire it and kill someone.  You cannot threaten people with it.  You cannot fire it in the ground.  It only works as a defense if you are defending life or against a forcible felony.  Discharging it into the ground would be a felony, I believe.  Using it to threaten people, even if they are on your land is also illegal.  Good luck with that.

• Content Count:  4,738

How come Trey Holtz' Plant High classmates in the group and their families didn't get all the free publicity in the newspapers like the Holtz family?  Doesn't seem fair!

wouldnt sell newspapers

iver never heard of a high school kids father(errr mother's boyfriend)  who grabs his gun instead telling those kids to get the **** out of there.  that would have been enough

• Content Count:  4,738

i dont recall the stand your ground law being interpreted as charge towards the assailants wielding and firing a weapon.  You have to be in fear of your life and be in life threatening danger.  kids sitting in a car at 330 am doesnt meet those criteria. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

There are no "perfect" families.  Kids make thier own choices.  All you can do is give them a good foundation, be consistent in enforcing your rules, and try to monitor their behavior.  The son could have slipped out the bedroom window at that time of night. 

What gets released to the public after an incident or investigation is usually not all the facts in proper context.  So people should be very slow to form an opinion on what information is available to them.  However, that fact usually doesn't slow people down...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Boy am I glad people weren't so paranoid and gun happy in my high school days. nobody ever egged a house before? perhaps toilet papered the trees?

Archived