• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Before we get cocky, history tells the tale....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

im pretty sure nobody is cocky right now

i think we all just feel more confident than we did before saturday and believe we have a legitimate shot in gainesville

I agree with this. It should provide us with more hope than we had before. 

But we I am just saying that last weekend's match ups WILL NOT be a predictor of this weekend's game.   UF will step up.  We will not walk over them like a 1AA opponent two days ago.

Their D and O will be 100% better than last week's.  And SB was outmatched on talent top to bottom.  This week we are facing the tougher team.  UF will use that weak showing as a wake up call.  They will be ready for us.  UF already knows about the FSU and Auburn stories.   Don't have to bring that up again eitehr.

100% better than next week so they will have 46 yards going into the 4 quarter :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

i think we all just feel more confident than we did before saturday and believe we have a legitimate shot in gainesville

But we I am just saying that last weekend's match ups WILL NOT be a predictor of this weekend's game.   UF will step up.  We will not walk over them like a 1AA opponent two days ago.

Their D and O will be 100% better than last week's.  And SB was outmatched on talent top to bottom.  This week we are facing the tougher team.  UF will use that weak showing as a wake up call.  They will be ready for us.  UF already knows about the FSU and Auburn stories.   Don't have to bring that up again eitehr.

100% better than next week so they will have 46 yards going into the 4 quarter :)

I sure hope so.

It is interesting with the match up though.  Sounds like their offense was not really ready, but their D did pretty well once they woke up.  Looks like our Offense was ready and did well, but it took our D a while to wake up, and we have a lot of inexperience on D.  On paper, matches up pretty well going into this week.

Both of us will try new plays, so there will be some mistakes all over the place.  Both teams.

• Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

i dont feel any more confident...

we beat a glorified high school team

Its not who we beat, its how ****** UF looked.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I sure hope so.

It is interesting with the match up though.  Sounds like their offense was not really ready, but their D did pretty well once they woke up.  Looks like our Offense was ready and did well, but it took our D a while to wake up, and we have a lot of inexperience on D.  On paper, matches up pretty well going into this week.

Both of us will try new plays, so there will be some mistakes all over the place.  Both teams.

Yeah I expect a sloppy game from both teams, the loss of Teabow is huge.

We have the team speed to match up well vs the UF offense.

I am more worried about our offense moving the ball against the UF defense they fly around and hit hard, BJ will

have to have the game of his life to win this game.

• Content Count:  3,749

I'm certainly more confident going into Saturday now then a few days ago. Skip has won some big games with much inferior talent than he has on this roster. He is a good coach and i expect he will have these players ready to take on the Gators. I also expect him to keep their confidence level high without them becoming arrogant. I think Skip unleashes T-Rex in this game.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I think the challenge is to not get cocky if we win the game (opposed to being cocky at this moment).  We've won some big games, but we've yet to be able to ride that momentum to a great season.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just that we shouldn't compare our opening game to UF's and think that we did better so we should simply win in Gainseville.

That's the funniest post I've read in a long time. Florida is probably the most talented team we've ever faced.

• Content Count:  5,591

I think if history tells us anything, it's that we consistently beat ranked opponents early in the season, just ask Louisville, WVU, Auburn, and FSU.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Our WR's and RB's played better than expected. Our O-line and D-line had better play 100% better or this game will be UGLY.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our O-line and D-line had better play 100% better or this game will be UGLY.

Absolutely agree on this statement. Our O-line looked uninspired, especially on that goal line stance against Stony Brook. And, frankly, I was surprised to see no sacks from our D-line against the mighty Seawolves.

There should be fun times at G-ville, win or lose. Let's go Bulls!

Archived