• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Before we get cocky, history tells the tale....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Our O-line and D-line had better play 100% better or this game will be UGLY.

Absolutely agree on this statement. Our O-line looked uninspired, especially on that goal line stance against Stony Brook. And, frankly, I was surprised to see no sacks from our D-line against the mighty Seawolves.

There should be fun times at G-ville, win or lose. Let's go Bulls!

Although, I wasn't very inspired by either line's play either (the goalline fiasco was scary), McCaskill did have a sack ...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Ah, you're right, that's where he danced right off the the sidelines afterward. Other than that, the D-line looked pretty lackluster.

• Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

For the record

Miami(OH) football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stony Brook football

Still our chances look better then before. Let's hope they play Pouncey at center again instead of moving him back to guard

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

For the record

Miami(OH) football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stony Brook football

Still our chances look better then before. Let's hope they play Pouncey at center again instead of moving him back to guard

Unless something drastically changed from last year, M/O is not that much better than SB. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just that we shouldn't compare our opening game to UF's and think that we did better so we should simply win in Gainseville.

That's the funniest post I've read in a long time. Florida is probably the most talented team we've ever faced.

Debatable. I bet the Oregon team we faced in the Sun Bowl would work this Florida team silly.

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Ah, you're right, that's where he danced right off the the sidelines afterward. Other than that, the D-line looked pretty lackluster.

I have a feeling its because we ran simple D without many stunts and packages to get to the QB just a simple 4 man rush. Like last year we held a lot back until FSU then let the DL go at it.

• Content Count:  4,016

im pretty sure nobody is cocky right now

i think we all just feel more confident than we did before saturday and believe we have a legitimate shot in gainesville

I agree with this. It should provide us with more hope than we had before. 

But we I am just saying that last weekend's match ups WILL NOT be a predictor of this weekend's game.   UF will step up.  We will not walk over them like a 1AA opponent two days ago.

Their D and O will be 100% better than last week's.  And SB was outmatched on talent top to bottom.  This week we are facing the tougher team.  UF will use that weak showing as a wake up call.  They will be ready for us.  UF already knows about the FSU and Auburn stories.   Don't have to bring that up again eitehr.

100% better than next week so they will have 46 yards going into the 4 quarter :)

I sure hope so.

It is interesting with the match up though.  Sounds like their offense was not really ready, but their D did pretty well once they woke up.  Looks like our Offense was ready and did well, but it took our D a while to wake up, and we have a lot of inexperience on D.  On paper, matches up pretty well going into this week.

Both of us will try new plays, so there will be some mistakes all over the place.  Both teams.

Yeah I expect a sloppy game from both teams, the loss of Teabow is huge.

We have the team speed to match up well vs the UF offense.

I am more worried about our offense moving the ball against the UF defense they fly around and hit hard, BJ will

have to have the game of his life to win this game.

If you saw the UF game on Saturday it wasn't the loss of Teabag's that hurt as bad as the loss of the Pouncey twin at center.  His twin was horrible, and I still cannot understand why Urban stuck with him through 4 quarters.  Do you realize he lost the team 90 yards of net offense on his bad snaps.  He had 8 snaps that hit the ground and were characterized as fumbles, and about another half-dozen or more that came back to Brantley like a knuckleball.  UF will be a massively improved team if they do just one thing, bench Pouncey II in favor of Robey (the back-up center who does have starting experience).  That alone would make them a better ball club.

With that being said Urban has a tendency to be stubborn about some of his favorite players.  He may want to try and fix or coddle Pouncey instead of switch him, which could be to our advantage.  You could see Pouncey on the sidelines and he was absolutely shell-shocked.  I could see him muff another snap against us and then it comes in bunches.  Urban is intensely competitive and the fact he's friends with Skip will only further fuel those competitive juices, but if he becomes to pigheaded about benching Pouncey that could be the window we're looking for to have a remote shot at this game.

• Content Count:  4,016

Just that we shouldn't compare our opening game to UF's and think that we did better so we should simply win in Gainseville.

That's the funniest post I've read in a long time. Florida is probably the most talented team we've ever faced.

Debatable. I bet the Oregon team we faced in the Sun Bowl would work this Florida team silly.

:ROFLMAO

That Oregon team isn't even close to being as talented as this UF team.  That was that Oregon team's last game of the season your comparing to UF's 1st this season against an uninspiring opponent and they still slept walk to a 21pt victory.  If you want to compare how about that Oregon team only beat Houston that year for their first game, at home, 44-27.

Also saying MOO is equal to SB is a fallacy as well.  That doesn't give credence to the fact MOO was breaking in a brand new coach, and had an extremely tough schedule with OOC games against two B10 teams, SEC, and Boise State...last year.   From a physical standpoint MOO is much better than SB, and SB had never faced a 1-A team up to this point.  Just the sight of a big NFL stadium, 40k fans, and a sideline packed with 80 players dressed was probably overly intimidating...let alone the size differential.  I won't say MOO is miles better or anything but I would say SB is not your average 1-A team...they've be a wildly mediocre 1-AA team that has little aspirations to compete with the big dogs, and mostly aspires to play be competitive against the Northeastern 1-AA teams.  This is a team that loses to Umass in football the last three times they faced them over the past 5 years by an average margin of 34pts.  MOO is definitely quite a bit better then SB.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

there aaaa games dont mean anything

gators are that ggod

Archived