• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only 26,000 tickets sold so far for Saturday

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I'm confused, haven't we sold 20K + season tickets? Does the 26K include season tickets, if so, we've only sold 6K or so??

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I'm confused, haven't we sold 20K + season tickets? Does the 26K include season tickets, if so, we've only sold 6K or so??

GA reported in June or July that we had sold 23k season tickets.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I see this two ways....win and they will come.....the true fan and the true people who bleed green and gold will be there, and right now that is what the final number represents....i welcome the casual fan, but  :clap the loyal ones....I am flying back from London Friday to be at the game Saturday and then flying back for a burn meeting in the UK that Sunday and will fly home Thursday to be at the swamp Friday and Saturday.  Now, I don't expect the casual fan to do that and have the passion I do but maybe by the casual fan seeing us dedicated 40K+, they want to know more about why we are the way we are...just my  :2cents

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

So, flsf, does the 26K include 23K or not? Makes a HUGE difference. I find it hard to believe sold only 3K tickets.

Greg?? Any info on these numbers?

Skingraft, I'll go out on a limb and say that you are making the biggest effort to attend. Do you have access to Spurs gear?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So, flsf, does the 26K include 23K or not? Makes a HUGE difference. I find it hard to believe sold only 3K tickets.

Greg?? Any info on these numbers?

Skingraft, I'll go out on a limb and say that you are making the biggest effort to attend. Do you have access to Spurs gear?

you find it hard to believe they only sold 3k to stoney brook??? I find it hard to believe they were able to sell that many.

wait for all the no-shows. actual crowd will be mid-30's at best.

Man I hope Holtz wants to change the scheduling philosophy. He had a comment about getting a team ready for an opener like v-tech. that carried them through the spring and summer.

we won't have a decent home opponent until November 3rd.

BTW if woolard is more concerned with making money then he needs to bring in better opponents. people are tired of the cupcake games and the casual fan won't bother. It's one thing to rip off a season ticket holder by forcing them to buy these crappy games but it's another to try and draw a casual fan there.

• Content Count:  791

Scheduling Stoney Brook at Ray Jay is not going to get local hot shot high school recruits to come to USF so their friends and family can watch them play locally.

• Content Count:  7,201

If it were up to me, I'd like to see us start with a weaker 1A opponent (not any more 1AA's).  Then play a better 1A from a real conference (Maybe a lower level ACC team, or B10 team or even a B12 team).  Sign all of them except for the lowly 1A to home/home series for 2 or 4 games.  Then I'd make sure my next OOC game was a home/home series against a team who has been a perfomer (not top 10, but certainly top 30).  Keep the Miami thing in there as well.

That would give us an improved SOS, still allow for a tune up game, but each game would be meaningful.  And we would get more butts in seats with interesting opponents. 

Its hard to get really excited about Stony Brook and West Kentucky.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I'm sure SB is the reason the highschool hotshots don't come here when they can go to UF and watch Miami of Ohio or Appalachin State. They could go to FSU and watch Samford or to Miami and watch FAMU.

While I agree those are probably better competition than SB, they're still percieved as  cupcakes.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Man I hope Holtz wants to change the scheduling philosophy. He had a comment about getting a team ready for an opener like v-tech. that carried them through the spring and summer.

Bill McGinnis in the AD's office tweeted yesterday that the scheduling formula will remain 2 BCS, 2 non-BCS and a 1AA.  Also said they were finishing up the 2011 schedule.

Archived