• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only 26,000 tickets sold so far for Saturday

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

do you guys realize how much $$ it cost to bring in another BCS conf team for a home game?

we never liked signing 2 for 1's.  and we just dont have much credibility on a national level yet to make us a choice for other schools.

they dont have much to win by beating us but have a ton to lose.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Again. I only want to play Regional 1-AA.

I love NY. Born there. I see no reason to throw good Florida money into the state of New York. They got enough.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sure SB is the reason the highschool hotshots don't come here when they can go to UF and watch Miami of Ohio or Appalachin State. They could go to FSU and watch Samford or to Miami and watch FAMU.

While I agree those are probably better competition than SB, they're still percieved as  cupcakes.

True, but we are not UF, FSU, or Miami.  Combined we have 0 conference titles and 0 NC's.   Plus their conference schedule, at least UF's, will contain a lot more ranked teams than ours.  

We are building and the only way we can prove we belong, is to prove we belong.  SOS for us is critical.  Playing 1AA's is not a good idea and it does us little to no good.   I am not saying every non conf game should be a top 10 team, but certainly a decent team OOC, maybe in the top 75 in the country or so.   And at least two top 35's.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm sure SB is the reason the highschool hotshots don't come here when they can go to UF and watch Miami of Ohio or Appalachin State. They could go to FSU and watch Samford or to Miami and watch FAMU.

While I agree those are probably better competition than SB, they're still percieved as  cupcakes.

Miami has Ohio State, Pittsburgh and USF as OOC opponents.

FSU plays oklahoma, byu and UF.

I'd be fine with 1 1-aa if it meant we played better competition for the other 4. It's the western kentucky and fau games that are bothersome.

do you guys realize how much $$ it cost to bring in another BCS conf team for a home game?

we never liked signing 2 for 1's.  and we just dont have much credibility on a national level yet to make us a choice for other schools.

they dont have much to win by beating us but have a ton to lose.

it will cost us less for FSU to play here than it does for stoney brook. same with miami, I bet. you see they only want a minimal amount paid for both travel teams to ensure they come. I believe we will pay FSU $300k just like they paid us, so it's actually a wash.

Man I hope Holtz wants to change the scheduling philosophy. He had a comment about getting a team ready for an opener like v-tech. that carried them through the spring and summer.

Bill McGinnis in the AD's office tweeted yesterday that the scheduling formula will remain 2 BCS, 2 non-BCS and a 1AA.  Also said they were finishing up the 2011 schedule.

that's unfortunate.

I hope they upgrade the non-bcs teams at least.

Bring in some old foes. S Miss, ECU, TCU, Houston, etc.

We will need some good BCS teams to replace Miami and FSU in the future too.

Indiana and Michigan State don't quite do it.

We will never grow our fan base playing teams like western kentucky, fau, fiu, ball state, wofford, stoney brook, etc.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I think if they are considering playing FAMU every other year or so as the I-AA that would be good. We had a good turnout for that game a few years back and at least the band and halftime are entertaining.

I would assume if we were going to sign the I-AA games that you ditch the Elons' and Stony Brooks' and sign schools we know like FAMU, BCC, Georgia Southern.....

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I keep seeing the same common sentiment here.  it all depends on who we play.  We will know we have arrived when all we care about is seeing the Bulls play.  This not so much for the dedicated posters on this board but more the general football fan.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Hey I'll take the Indianas, Michigan States, NC States and North Carolina series. Miami will probably not renew their series and I doubt FSU will sign a new deal so those games are out of our hands. I would prefer them but if we have no choice....Michigan State is a good alternative.

I would just assume we upgrade the I-AA and non BCS games.....I actually think Ball State is an upgrade over some of these other Sun Belt games....I think a lot of us would enjoy extending a new series with Southern Miss or Memphis or Houston, ect.

Archived