• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only 26,000 tickets sold so far for Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

mid 30k

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

You guys are dreaming if you think ACC,SEC and BigTen teams are dying to play USF home-away. Most of the midlevel and lower level teams from those conferences are going to schedule CREAM PUFFS out of conference to pad their wins or if they are going to take a loss play a name school.

USF offers neither- we are not an easy win and we dont have the name to make a loss ok in their fans eyes.

Our home schedule stinks this year and I hope we upgrade. but some of you are acting like all USF has to do is call and get a series. Some of you have no clue as to how scheduling works in todays college football world.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

last year was also an anomaly(2 1-aa's and WKU on the road-don't give me FIU backed out. that game was just as lame as a 1-aa).

when does it become a trend?

FIU was part of a previous deal... when they backed out it was too late to get anyone else... be glad you still got a home game out of it.

Just about any of the ACC teams would be nice.

Agreed

plenty of SEC teams would do it.

LOL... name one...

I'd rather most c-usa teams over sun belt.

Agreed... but FAU has a decent fanbase and should travel well here.

South carolina signed a 1 for 1 with UCF.

Something stinks there... haven't been able to put my finger on it but it doesn't make sense...

LSU signed one with WVU.

We're not WVU... not even close

Tennessee signed one with UConn.

UConn has one with Michigan and UNC.

Freaking UConn can get Tennessee, UNC and Michigan but we can't expect better???

UCONN is a couple rungs above us right now IMO... so yes, they'll get better matchups.

• Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  0

I'm curious how UCF can sign 1-1's with Boston College, NC State, Kansas State and South Carolina, yet the game isn't considered a lose/lose situation for those BCS teams, but is for USF...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

You guys are dreaming if you think ACC,SEC and BigTen teams are dying to play USF home-away. Most of the midlevel and lower level teams from those conferences are going to schedule CREAM PUFFS out of conference to pad their wins or if they are going to take a loss play a name school.

USF offers neither- we are not an easy win and we dont have the name to make a loss ok in their fans eyes.

Our home schedule stinks this year and I hope we upgrade. but some of you are acting like all USF has to do is call and get a series. Some of you have no clue as to how scheduling works in todays college football world.

3 of the top ACC programs have done home and aways with us. Miami, FSU, and UNC.

Clemson plays at auburn this year.

georgia tech plays at Kansas.

virginia tech played at ECU last year (and the year before)

UNC plays at rutgers this year. they played at UConn last year.

BC plays at syracuse this year.

NC State plays at UCF this year.

Tennesse plays at memphis this year. they play at UConn in the future.

Vandy plays at UConn this year. @ northwestern this year.

LSU plays at UNC this year. at WVU in the future.

Miss state plays at houston this year. they play UAB.

Georgia plays at Colorado this year.

the list goes on and on. You have no idea how difficult it is to schedule. open your eyes. there are plenty of good matchups going on.

I'm curious how UCF can sign 1-1's with Boston College, NC State, Kansas State and South Carolina, yet the game isn't considered a lose/lose situation for those BCS teams, but is for USF...

why is it so easy for UCF to get good BCS OOC games but everybody here thinks it's impossible for us.

last year was also an anomaly(2 1-aa's and WKU on the road-don't give me FIU backed out. that game was just as lame as a 1-aa).

when does it become a trend?

FIU was part of a previous deal... when they backed out it was too late to get anyone else... be glad you still got a home game out of it.

Just about any of the ACC teams would be nice.

Agreed

plenty of SEC teams would do it.

LOL... name one...

I'd rather most c-usa teams over sun belt.

Agreed... but FAU has a decent fanbase and should travel well here.

South carolina signed a 1 for 1 with UCF.

Something stinks there... haven't been able to put my finger on it but it doesn't make sense...

LSU signed one with WVU.

We're not WVU... not even close

Tennessee signed one with UConn.

UConn has one with Michigan and UNC.

Freaking UConn can get Tennessee, UNC and Michigan but we can't expect better???

UCONN is a couple rungs above us right now IMO... so yes, they'll get better matchups.

UConn is a couple of rungs above us??? Really???

You have every excuse in the book.

I suppose UCF is also with their 1 for 1's with NC State, BC, South Carolina, Kansas State, etc.

Where would a program rather travel? Connecticut or Florida? We are smack dab in the middle of a top 5 recruiting area in the country.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Because those team sign with you believing there are 2 wins there. That wouldn't be the thinking if they signed with us.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

What?  ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

LOL ... I'm curious as to how you think the situation is even close ... and who's to say those games aren't considered lose/lose situations by more than a few. Maybe those teams just wanted some more exposure in Florida ... Maybe the AD's are Disney Vacation Club members?

Archived