• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1173117

Big Rivals write up on him...

p.s. for those who may not know this, the annual banquet at UM is named after his father and grandfather... it would be shocking if he didn't go there...

Maybe he wants to be his own man

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

p.s. for those who may not know this, the annual banquet at UM is named after his father and grandfather... it would be shocking if he didn't go there...

Maybe he wants to be his own man

And how does that explain his initial commitment to UM?  One where he made a public announcement with his dead grandfather's picture on the table, a grandfather who also played football and graduated from the U, and explained he wanted to carry on the family tradition.  A request of his grandfather as he was dying to carry on the family legacy.

Yeah, not likely given that scenario my friend.  Unless Al Golden suddenly decides he does not want the kid...and that is not happening.  The next choice may be UF, and then us.

Will the NCAA's investigation into Sileo's illegal contact with him play into his choice, I wonder ....

When did Sileo have illegal contact with him?  What is illegal contact anyway, it sounds like a perverted sex act.  Anyone can speak with anyone...the there is nothing 'illegal' about speaking to a recruit, albeit there are certain circumstances where the NCAA would deem it impermissible, but it's a very limited set of circumstances that are not allowed.  Where are you getting this from or is this more TMT wild speculation?

Anything can happen.

No doubt, but the USF staff is even cautious about it.  I am realistic and not masochistic, so I don't like to abuse myself with whimsical hopes of the gumdrop fairy.  He may happen, but I'd prefer to stick with the realistic possibility that it's highly likely he will not come here.

Our other big name guys like this...Giddins, T-Rex...I knew months before they were leaning to USF.  This is not a circumstance like those, this is a longest of long shots.  But like you say "Anthing can happen." ::)

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Will the NCAA's investigation into Sileo's illegal contact with him play into his choice, I wonder ....

When did Sileo have illegal contact with him?  What is illegal contact anyway, it sounds like a perverted sex act.  Anyone can speak with anyone...the there is nothing 'illegal' about speaking to a recruit, albeit there are certain circumstances where the NCAA would deem it impermissible, but it's a very limited set of circumstances that are not allowed.  Where are you getting this from or is this more TMT wild speculation?

I don't think you're really suppose to talk to a recruit when you're a student/alum....sileo had him on the radio talking about going to um....which in a sense makes him a rep of the school...if I've read the guidelines correctly

I don't think you're really suppose to talk to a recruit when you're a student/alum....sileo had him on the radio talking about going to um....which in a sense makes him a rep of the school...if I've read the guidelines correctly

You are absoluely allowed to speak to a recruit.  You are simply not allowed to solicit them in anyway.  If Josh Grady walked by you by accident you're allowed to engage in a conversation with him and it is not illegal.  Heck, as we've come to find out so far the NCAA says you can "Friend" a recruit on Facebook, and twitter too. Dan Sileo is a friend of the Chickillo family long before Anthony was a football stud.  He is completely exempt from any such actions providing he doesn't take it a step further and openly solicit Anthony on behalf of the football program, i.e. working on behalf of the football program I mean-- of course even if he did how does the NCAA track such an action-- and it happens a ton.  Even with all that Dan is a media personality (I use this loosely when referring to Dan, and he certainly isn' a journalist), which providing he doesn't donate to UM, would completely exempt him from such actions.

With your suggestion how would Josh Newberg be allowed to contact other players working for an FSU site?  Why because he is not a designated booster or donor and has labeled himself as a journalist, and he does not solicit players to attend FSU, just reports on them....and there are a 1000's of Newberg's running around doing the exact same thing.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Anything can happen.

No doubt, but the USF staff is even cautious about it.  I am realistic and not masochistic, so I don't like to abuse myself with whimsical hopes of the gumdrop fairy.  He may happen, but I'd prefer to stick with the realistic possibility that it's highly likely he will not come here.

Our other big name guys like this...Giddins, T-Rex...I knew months before they were leaning to USF.  This is not a circumstance like those, this is a longest of long shots.  But like you say "Anthing can happen." ::)

While not as high of profile we've had players leaning toward another program and then switching to us late. Kayvon Webster a couple years back comes immediately to mind, he was "U" commit to boot.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's uncanny how articles go out of their way not to mention USF. 

Thus far, Chickillo has officially visited only North Carolina. He will visit Florida this weekend and Miami two weeks later. Florida State also will get a visit, though a date hasn't been finalized.

He's told everyone that he's coming to USF on the 14th, but people just neglect to mention it.  Like it will damage their article or something.  I understand that it's a big stretch for him to come to USF, but it's neglectful to just leave the information out of a report.

The announcers never mentioned USF as a possibility either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Here's the out on that:

Q. Is this contact rule applicable to "established family friends" or neighbors?

A. No. However, it must be understood that such contacts cannot be made for recruiting purposes and cannot be initiated or arranged by USF coaching staff members. In addition, the established relationship between the booster and the prospect must have occurred prior to the friend or neighbor becoming a prospect.

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=859016

Technically, the call wasn't for recruiting purposes but anyone who heard it (don't know if it's still on 620's site or not) knows Sileo was laying it on pretty thick .... and I've got to think if he hadn't been a "family friend" it could have been classified a violation ...

Archived