• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I really like the sound of this. Maybe these guys are thinking of staying close to home and making USF a legitimate contender. We are really close and they might be the lynchpins that make this whole program fly. Not saying it will be easy, but when it does happen it's gonna be great fun to be a part of.

via twitter.

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

I'm hearing Anthony Chickillo could make it over to #USF for an unofficial visit while Teddy Bridgewater is on campus. I'll know more later.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

I really like the sound of this. Maybe these guys are thinking of staying close to home and making USF a legitimate contender. We are really close and they might be the lynchpins that make this whole program fly. Not saying it will be easy, but when it does happen it's gonna be great fun to be a part of.

via twitter.

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

I'm hearing Anthony Chickillo could make it over to #USF for an unofficial visit while Teddy Bridgewater is on campus. I'll know more later.

That would definitely be a game changer.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Don't like the fact that a born and bred Cane could be on campus with a guy who appears to be ready to jump ship on Miami.  Not that i expect to get Teddy but having Chik on campus could backfire, big time.  I  just hope the coaches know something we don't know. 

Don't like the fact that a born and bred Cane could be on campus with a guy who appears to be ready to jump ship on Miami.  Not that i expect to get Teddy but having Chik on campus could backfire, big time.  I  just hope the coaches know something we don't know. 

Um, how about that he decommitted from Miami, he doesn't like the 3-4 that Golden runs, he has an official visit scheduled to USF for mid-January and he's obviously interested in USF.

What, do you think we wants to come to campus and act as a double agent?

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Um, how about that he decommitted from Miami, he doesn't like the 3-4 that Golden runs, he has an official visit scheduled to USF for mid-January and he's obviously interested in USF.

did he decommit yet?

rivals and scouts both still has him as a soft verbal commit:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Chickillo-101433

http://hsflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=8&c=1&nid=4441227

did he decommit yet?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Chickillo-101433

Semantics. When you are visiting other schools, you are not committed.

Top commitment Anthony Chickillo, a DE who would be a third generation Hurricane, isn't thrilled about one aspect of the hire.

"He runs a 3-4 - that makes a big difference," he said. "I want to play in a 4-3 in college. We'll see. I can play in a 3-4, played in that this year. I don't know anything about him, who he'll bring in as defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. It's something I'll have to wait and see."

Chickillo adds of Golden's hire that "I'm kind of surprised. When I talked to Kirby (Hocutt) he told me they were going to get someone that's had big accomplishments. I don't know who he is and I've never talked to him, so I guess I'll meet him. I don't know that much."

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

did he decommit yet?

Semantics. When you are visiting other schools, you are not committed.

Top commitment Anthony Chickillo, a DE who would be a third generation Hurricane, isn't thrilled about one aspect of the hire.

"He runs a 3-4 - that makes a big difference," he said. "I want to play in a 4-3 in college. We'll see. I can play in a 3-4, played in that this year. I don't know anything about him, who he'll bring in as defensive coordinator and defensive line coach. It's something I'll have to wait and see."

Chickillo adds of Golden's hire that "I'm kind of surprised. When I talked to Kirby (Hocutt) he told me they were going to get someone that's had big accomplishments. I don't know who he is and I've never talked to him, so I guess I'll meet him. I don't know that much."

I agree, I don't think he's fully committed, but I could see where it could backfire as bulldozer said. Hope it doesn't and it turns out we get em' both. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This kid has been a Cane his whole life and if Golden is any kind of decent recruiter he should be able to get him back in the boat.  Chickillo had some really luke warm things to say about UM losing to USF after we beat them that pretty much made it seem like we are small time and had no business beating them.  Honestly i think this is a bit of a hailmary move on both of them as they are kids i think we have a low percentage of landing.   

This kid has been a Cane his whole life and if Golden is any kind of decent recruiter he should be able to get him back in the boat.  Chickillo had some really luke warm things to say about UM losing to USF after we beat them that pretty much made it seem like we are small time and had no business beating them.  Honestly i think this is a bit of a hailmary move on both of them as they are kids i think we have a low percentage of landing.   

It makes no sense to think that Chickillo is going to come to USF's campus, as a decommit/soft commit to Miami, who isn't crazy about Miami's new coach and try to recruit for Miami. Its definitely better to have both of them on campus at the same time to create some excitement. Its just not realistic to think that he wants to come to USF while Teddy is here so that he can recruit for Miami. Especially when he isn't sure where he wants to go himself. He has a great relationship with KP and he is obviously considering USF. If they both come here at the same time, they might start thinking about their futures here. They won't come to USF so that they can get excited about Miami together. They are both taking visists to mulitple schools. Not Committed.

• Content Count:  578

Golden is running a base 4-3. He said it during his introductory presser and also on the radio this morning.

Archived