• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Kevin Patrick can coach this kid to the NFL.

Let's hope he does it with USF and not Miami ...

That worries me too..

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I love Anthony's sense of humor. I mean he got 50 phone calls the day after we beat UM. And this quote is priceless, “I don’t know of anyone coming tomorrow, but I’m sure somebody will." Anthony no matter what you do you will have a lot of success. Keep it up kid.

“My relationship with Coach Patrick is stronger then probably anybody else in the country," Chickillo said. "I like him a lot, and he’s a major reason why I’m considering USF so hard right now.â€

Besides USF and Notre Dame, Chickillo says there are a few other schools he’s focusing on.

“I’m really talking with Miami, Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and Auburn.â€

Since Shannon’s firing, three schools have stopped by to see Chicikillo and he expects North Carolina on Thursday.

“I don’t know of anyone coming tomorrow, but I’m sure somebody will,†he said.

Man I will pay to go see the games with Ryne and Anthony destroying QBs for the next three years. yes i will, yes i will. There is nothing so amazing in a Football game to me as watching a Defensive End get to the QB, nothing. Come on Anthony, stay home and meet the magic.

• Content Count:  49

Man I will pay to go see the games with Ryne and Anthony destroying QBs for the next three years. yes i will, yes i will. There is nothing so amazing in a Football game to me as watching a Defensive End get to the QB, nothing. Come on Anthony, stay home and meet the magic.

+1

• Content Count:  1,757

Do you not pay to go see the games now?

Do you not pay to go see the games now?

Figure of speech.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

DE Anthony Chickillo tells me his visit to #notredame this weekend is off. He probably won't take an OV, he may attend the USF/UConn game

I love Anthony's sense of humor. I mean he got 50 phone calls the day after we beat UM. And this quote is priceless, “I don’t know of anyone coming tomorrow, but I’m sure somebody will." Anthony no matter what you do you will have a lot of success. Keep it up kid.

“My relationship with Coach Patrick is stronger then probably anybody else in the country," Chickillo said. "I like him a lot, and he’s a major reason why I’m considering USF so hard right now.â€

Besides USF and Notre Dame, Chickillo says there are a few other schools he’s focusing on.

“I’m really talking with Miami, Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and Auburn.â€

Since Shannon’s firing, three schools have stopped by to see Chicikillo and he expects North Carolina on Thursday.

“I don’t know of anyone coming tomorrow, but I’m sure somebody will,†he said.

I apparently forgot to give attribution and a link for the quotes included in this post.Bleary eyed moment. As usual Josh has the scoop.They are as follows:

Chickillo's visit to Notre Dame hits a snag

Josh Newberg, Staff Writer

24 hours ago

http://footballrecruiting.247sports.com/Article/Anthony-Chickillos-visit-to-Notre-Dame-hits-snag-7120

N9ce recruiting update for Anthony.

By Brooke Bennnett, BHSN Reporter

Last Updated: Thursday, December 2, 2010

TAMPA --  After announcing his decision back in September, Anthony Chickillo thought he had put his recruiting days behind him and could focus on the road ahead.

Now training at the Cooper Speed-Strength School in Tampa under founder Josh Cooper, Chickillo currently stands 6'4" and weighs 235 pounds, but is wanting to reach 250 for his college debut.

His road to success has been littered with obstacles. In his junior year, Chickillo broke his collarbone in the opening game of the season against Brandon. But the road to recovery is what brought him to Cooper, where the coach-to-athlete relationship is bringing success.

It still doesn't balance out the weight that has been put on the shoulders of the Alonso senior, who will play defensive end somewhere at the next level.

Chickillo committed to the University of Miami in September, but the firing of head coach Randy Shannon has turned Chickillo's world upside-down in the last week. Still, don't count out the Hurricanes just yet. "I'm waiting to see who steps in as the new head coach first," said Chickillo.

And then you have the long-standing family history: Anthony's father Tony played at "The U" in the late 70's and early 80's and was taken in 1983 in the 5th round by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And his grandfather Nick played at Miami in the 50's, before being selected in 1953 in the 15th round by the Chicago Cardinals.

Still, the move has re-opened the door to other schools, with a few topping the list: USF, UF, UGa and Alabama. Chickillo is currently planning his trips accordingly, but is in no rush and won't fold under the pressure to decide until he is ultimately ready.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/sports/2010/december/179196/Recruiting:-Indecision-growing-for-Chickillo

Archived