• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I really like that Anthony is saving his official to USF until late in the recruiting cycle(Jan 15). He is looking every where else and is coming home at the end. Anthony we are waiting for you.....

Alonso's Chickillo enjoys UNC visit, heads to UF this week

Mon. December 6, 2010 | Eduardo A. Encina

North Carolina has emerged as one of the one of Alonso defensive end Anthony Chickillo’s top schools.

Chickillo made North Carolina his first official visit stop this past weekend since he reopened his recruiting in the wake of Randy Shannon’s firing at Miami two weekends ago.

Much like his connection to Miami – he would be a third-generation Hurricane – he has deep roots to the Tar Heels. Chickillo’s father, Tony, was a graduate assistant at Miami when current Tar Heels coach Butch Davis was defensive line coach for the Hurricanes.

“They've been on my radar,†Chickillo said. “The trip went really good. Coach Davis and my family have had a really good relationship for a long time. The people in North Carolina are great people. It was a beautiful.â€

While Chickillo hasn’t decommitted from Miami – he said he still plans to take an official visit there – he said he will use all five of his official visits.

He said he will visit Florida this weekend and make an official to USF of Jan. 15. He said he’s still trying to decide where to take his final visit.

This season, Chickillo averaged 11.3 tackles a game and his 18 sacks were the most in the state, according to MaxPreps.

On Thursday, Chickillo will be officially invited to participate in this year's Under Armour All-American Game, which will be held at Tropicana Field on Jan. 5 at 7 p.m. and broadcast live on ESPN.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/alonsos-chickillo-enjoys-unc-visit-heads-uf-week/7642/

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i can't stress how huge this pickup would be for us.  he's awesome.

• Content Count:  4,642

he's definitely in the possibly-donate-a-kidney-to-get-him category ;)

Oh I like the way this sounds. Anthony We are gonna be good with you at DE. I think you know that. This defense will become even more of a wrecking crew.

EddieHometeam Eddie Hometeam

#Tampa Alonso DE Anthony Chickillo says he will not make official visit to #Gators this week & might not altogether. More to come

Here's the rest of Eddie's story. I don't blame Anthony for wanting stability. I think we have a pretty good handle on that right now. Mark and Kevin really have a solid foundation with our kids on defense. If they can take Skinny from walk on, to Team captain and defensive star, they can sure mold a real talent into someone ready for  college greatness and an NFL career. I have to say, the gators were the one team I was worried about in recruiting Anthony. I know Butch and UNC are putting on a full court press now, but we have been there from the get go.

Alonso's Chickillo nixes UF visit, all but eliminates Gators

Wed. December 8, 2010 | Eduardo A. Encina

After the events of the past 12 days, Alonso defensive end Anthony Chickillo feels like he's been on a recruiting carousel. 

And after the most recent major college football coaching departure, he says wants to play college football at a school with stability.

Just two weeks ago, Chickillo solidly considered himself a future Miami Hurricane, but on Nov. 28, 'Canes coach Randy Shannon was fired.

Chickillo then warmed to the idea of going to Florida -- the Gators were his No. 2 school when he committed in September -- and had planned an official visit there for this weekend, but on Wednesday, Gators coach Urban Meyer suddenly announced his resignation.

“I don’t know,†Chickillo said. “Every school I seem to like, the coach starts to leave.â€

Chickillo does know this: He is canceling his visit to UF this weekend.

He visited North Carolina last weekend and still has an official to USF slated for Jan. 15. He plans to still visit Miami once a new head coach is hired there. But as of now, the Gators suddenly don’t appear to be in his plans.

“I’ve got to take my visits,†said Chickillo, who still considers himself a UM commit. “At Florida, it’s a place where a lot of coaches are coming and going to other opportunities. I don’t know if it’s a good place to go right now."

Former UF assistant head coach Dan McCarney, who had been recruiting Chickillo, took the head coaching job at North Texas late last month. Meyer then immediately picked up Chickillo’s recruiting.

That obviously didn’t last long. Just two days ago, Gators offensive coordinator Steve Adazzio made an in-home visit.

“I had a good relationship with Coach McCarney and Coach Meyer called me a lot recently," Chickillo said. "I was pretty surprised. I guess it’s all a part of the business. I’m really learning that right now.â€

Chickillo said he will have to narrow down a list that included Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Florida State, Georgia and Georgia Tech to choose his final two visits. Right now, Florida is not on that list.

Meanwhile, other schools continue to put on the press – Chickillo was awaiting an in-home visit from UNC head coach Butch Davis on Wednesday night and said TCU was stopping by Alonso on Thursday.

“It’s all pretty crazy,†Chickillo said.

Chickillo averaged 12.3 tackles this season and tallied 18 sacks, which is the most in Florida according to MaxPreps.

-- EDUARDO A. ENCINA eencina@sptimes.com;

• Content Count:  49

Wait, so what happened with his official here to USF?  Or did he already take his visit here?

Here's the rest of Eddie's story. I don't blame Anthony for wanting stability. I think we have a pretty good handle on that right now. Mark and Kevin really have a solid foundation with our kids on defense. If they can take Skinny from walk on, to Team captain and defensive star, they can sure mold a real talent into someone ready for  college greatness and an NFL career. I have to say, the gators were the one team I was worried about in recruiting Anthony. I know Butch and UNC are putting on a full court press now, but we have been there from the get go.

After the events of the past 12 days, Alonso defensive end Anthony Chickillo feels like he's been on a recruiting carousel. 

And after the most recent major college football coaching departure, he says wants to play college football at a school with stability.

Just two weeks ago, Chickillo solidly considered himself a future Miami Hurricane, but on Nov. 28, 'Canes coach Randy Shannon was fired.

Chickillo then warmed to the idea of going to Florida -- the Gators were his No. 2 school when he committed in September -- and had planned an official visit there for this weekend, but on Wednesday, Gators coach Urban Meyer suddenly announced his resignation.

“I don’t know,†Chickillo said. “Every school I seem to like, the coach starts to leave.â€

He visited North Carolina last weekend and still has an official to USF slated for Jan. 15. He plans to still visit Miami once a new head coach is hired there. But as of now, the Gators suddenly don’t appear to be in his plans.

“I’ve got to take my visits,†said Chickillo, who still considers himself a UM commit. “At Florida, it’s a place where a lot of coaches are coming and going to other opportunities. I don’t know if it’s a good place to go right now."

Former UF assistant head coach Dan McCarney, who had been recruiting Chickillo, took the head coaching job at North Texas late last month. Meyer then immediately picked up Chickillo’s recruiting.

That obviously didn’t last long. Just two days ago, Gators offensive coordinator Steve Adazzio made an in-home visit.

“I had a good relationship with Coach McCarney and Coach Meyer called me a lot recently," Chickillo said. "I was pretty surprised. I guess it’s all a part of the business. I’m really learning that right now.â€

Chickillo said he will have to narrow down a list that included Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Florida State, Georgia and Georgia Tech to choose his final two visits. Right now, Florida is not on that list.

Meanwhile, other schools continue to put on the press – Chickillo was awaiting an in-home visit from UNC head coach Butch Davis on Wednesday night and said TCU was stopping by Alonso on Thursday.

Chickillo averaged 12.3 tackles this season and tallied 18 sacks, which is the most in Florida according to MaxPreps.

• Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

he is taking it Jan 15

Wait, so what happened with his official here to USF?  Or did he already take his visit here?

He is taking his OV ar USF on Jan14-15. His last scheduled OV.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

man, you give redbird all kinds of crap for not giving a link and then you do it....ironic  ;)

Archived