• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I didn't, but if Sileo talked about hooking him up with people down in Miami and for him to call him if he needed anything seems like a violation to me.

said that and how Chickillo needs to wear the green jacket....If we as fans can't talk to recruits, I don't see how that didn't cross the line.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Dan tells him to call if you need anything. And was going to hook him up with people down there. Is Luke back in the picture? ;-)

Possible recruiting violation?

I would think he (sileo) was walking a thin line, is the interview up anywhere?

It's streaming online.....also, I'm thinking that might be a possible violation...but I wouldn't really know for sure.

I've found nothing saying it wouldn't be a violation if they talked about UM Athletics ... Nice catch, Apis.  8-)

did you hear the interview?

See if this works .... http://tinyurl.com/Sileo-evidence

From the 2 1/2 minute time on, I'm not sure how that can't be a violation ... unless there is a stipulation for media members.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Well if he didn't ask for $200,000 he's probably ok.

brownie points for current events reference

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Anthony had 50 phone messages from college coaches on his answering machine after Miami's loss. Who's he sitting down with tomorrow night???

via twitter

joshnewberg Josh Newberg

I expect USF to do an in-home visit with DE Anthony Chickillo tomorrow night. USF beat UM on Saturday, Chickillo was at the game.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Coach’s firing shakes up Chickillo recruiting

Posted By Katherine Smith at Nov 28, 2010 at 02:28 PM

Updated Nov 28, 2010 at 02:51 PM

Anthony Chickillo woke up Sunday morning with about 50 missed calls and 30 emails from college coaches all over the country.

The firing of head coach Randy Shannon at Miami has rocked the college recruiting world and opened up Chickillo’s recruiting process again.

“I wouldn’t say I’ve decommitted, but there’s no coaching staff at Miami right now so I don’t even know if my scholarship offer still stands,†said Chickillo, who verbally committed to Miami at the beginning of the football season. “So now I’m open to all schools.â€

Chickillo expects a home visit from Louisville today and said he might visit with USF coaches later tonight. The Alonso defensive end plans to take many visits and said schools at the top of his visit list are Florida, Florida State, Notre Dame, Oregon, USC and USF.

He was at Saturday’s game when USF upset Miami in overtime, which turned out to be the last straw for Shannon.

“I was shocked when I found out he’d been fired,†Chickillo said. “He had a signed contract, but I guess its just part of the business and the business of football is winning. I’ve been a Miami fan for so long. I watched that game yesterday and it was so sad.â€

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/coachs-firing-shakes-up-chickillo-recruiting/

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

And Dan Sileo talked with him last night and this morning on the radio. He's working him hard to keep him a Miami commit.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

And Dan Sileo talked with him last night and this morning on the radio. He's working him hard to keep him a Miami commit.

isn't this a recruiting violation?  >:D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

isn't this a recruiting violation?  >:D

Big time ... he did the same thing earlier and a discussion is somewhere on this thread ...

• Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

Somebody should report him.

Archived