• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

how about when his dad was going to move him from Alonzo this year.

I wonder who recruited him harder, UM or Plant ...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Bite me Anthony!  Classless.  Don't know about that.  Just typical, not unexpected.  Speaking of classless, how about when his dad was going to move him from Alonzo this year.  That's the type of family your talking about.

Goes both ways.

You sound like a bitter girl who just got dumped man.

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Dude.  I'm not biiter.  I could care less about Chickillo.  I post, half the time, just to see how someone may respond.  Yours, was a typical response.  Personally, I think Chickillo would have had a better chance to make a splash in Tampa than in the ACC.  It really doesn't matter.  As I said, "who cares."  Not a question.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Dude.  I'm not biiter.  I could care less about Chickillo.  I post, half the time, just to see how someone may respond.  Yours, was a typical response.   Personally, I think Chickillo would have had a better chance to make a splash in Tampa than in the ACC.  It really doesn't matter.  As I said, "who cares."  Not a question.

it's great you get your jollies that way, but you realize you make our fans look classless don't you. of course you probably could care less. stay classy  ::)

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I know for a fact that recruits read this board.  I mean wouldn't you if you were in high school and people were talking about you on the internet?  I know I would.

I have seen some kids even post links to threads on this board that were about them on their Facebook pages.

So yes, the kids that are considering USF do look at this board to see what USF fans are saying about them.  Everyone should keep that in mind when discussing recruits or even current players on here.

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Josh says Anthony is reconsidering and I think that as close as we were that might be great news. I know we would have a great spot for Anthony. I know his father realizes what a class act this program will be and I know that he would be a big deal in Tampa if he decides to stay home.

via Twitter

Josh Newberg

DE Anthony Chickillo (UM commit) tells me he had a bad experience at the UM/FSU game, still committed to UM, may take visits.

This is the only small problem I see, a lizard with large teeth. Despite the conventional "wisdom" it appears AC was thinking of a future in Gainesville. Aren't they just loaded with DE's at this point with others waiting in the wings?

Chickillo Picks Miami

Under Armour All-American DE Anthony Chickillo talks about why he verbally committed to Miami.

TAMPA, Fla. -- The back of Anthony Chickillo's (Tampa, Fla./Alonso) shirt said it all.

"Blood is thicker than water."

Holding up the shirt, the four-star defensive end gave his verbal commitment to Miami and plans on being the school's first third-generation football player. Anthony's father, Tony, and his grandfather, the late Nick Chickillo, both played for the Hurricane.

[+] EnlargeAnthony Chickillo

Corey LongAnthony Chickillo chose Miami over Florida and FSU, among others.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Under Armour All-American has been linked to Miami since the Hurricanes offered him during his junior season. In the end he gave his longtime favorite school the nod over Florida, Florida State, South Florida, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

"I really sat down and talked about it with my dad," said Chickillo, who's No. 80 in the ESPNU 150 and the No. 8 DE in the country. "We went over each school and the benefits for me in each situation.

"Miami was the best school for me; it was where my heart was at."

Just yesterday there were reports that due to some heavily politicking from close friend James Wilder Jr. (Tampa, Fla./Plant) that Chickillo was heavily considering Florida State, but in actuality the Seminoles weren't in play.

"I think Florida was my second choice," Chickillo added. "Coach [Dan] McCarney and I have a great relationship and it was tough to say no to him.

"It was tough to say no to any school or to cut from 55 offers down to this final six, but Miami just stood out."

As for the family, the joy of having another Hurricane in the fold was seen on the faces of his family along with a portrait of his late grandfather in his Hurricanes uniform.

Still it was business decision for Chickillo.

"[The family connection] was really important to my family but not that important to me," Chickillo added.

However there's little doubt that his father's relationship with former teammate and current Miami coach Randy Shannon was a huge factor. Chickillo says Shannon has known him "since I was in diapers."

"I trust Coach Shannon and there's a bond there from our relationship and the relationship with my family," Chickillo said. "He's going to make sure I reach my highest potential and help me get to the NFL, which is my ultimate goal."

Chickillo is the eighth commitment for Miami in the Class of 2011 and now that the skilled pass rusher has his decision out of the way he's going to be doing some serious recruiting for his future program.

"All the recruiting targets are going to hear from me real fast and they will know who I am," Chickillo said. "I'm going get their numbers and call them all and let them know that I'm going to Miami to win a national championship and they need to come with me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5551607

Some how, I got in the middle of a back and forth between TBO and JN. Didn't mean to start anything, I was just repeating and quoting what I read.

Chickillo remains committed to Miami

Posted Oct 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Updated Oct 11, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Calm down University of Miami fans. Anthony Chickillo still wants to be a Hurricane.

A report surfaced on Monday by Josh Newberg that said the Alonso defensive end had a “bad experience at the FSU-Miami game†and may be taking other visits. Chickillo said Newberg misunderstood something he said.

“I am solid to Miami,†Chickillo said.

Chickillo verbally committed to the Hurricanes during a ceremony at his school’s gymnasium last month. He will become a third-generation Miami Hurricane, following in the footsteps of his grandfather and father.

If you want to see the back and forth at BCP, here is the thread.

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=6520.0

• 3 weeks later...

I think Josh is the hardest working guy in the recruiting reporting business. He scoops AC's unofficial to USF.

via twitter

joshnewberg

DE Anthony Chickillo tells me he'll take an unofficial visit this wednesday to USF for their game against Rutgers.

Archived