• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Chickillo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Imagine if they decide to come to USF and start something together?  ;D

Heres to hoping...

...and then probably being disappointed.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Will the NCAA's investigation into Sileo's illegal contact with him play into his choice, I wonder ....

When did Sileo have illegal contact with him?  What is illegal contact anyway, it sounds like a perverted sex act.  Anyone can speak with anyone...the there is nothing 'illegal' about speaking to a recruit, albeit there are certain circumstances where the NCAA would deem it impermissible, but it's a very limited set of circumstances that are not allowed.  Where are you getting this from or is this more TMT wild speculation?

I don't think you're really suppose to talk to a recruit when you're a student/alum....sileo had him on the radio talking about going to um....which in a sense makes him a rep of the school...if I've read the guidelines correctly

Here's the out on that:

Q. Is this contact rule applicable to "established family friends" or neighbors?

A. No. However, it must be understood that such contacts cannot be made for recruiting purposes and cannot be initiated or arranged by USF coaching staff members. In addition, the established relationship between the booster and the prospect must have occurred prior to the friend or neighbor becoming a prospect.

https://admin.xosn.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=859016

Technically, the call wasn't for recruiting purposes but anyone who heard it (don't know if it's still on 620's site or not) knows Sileo was laying it on pretty thick .... and I've got to think if he hadn't been a "family friend" it could have been classified a violation ...

if's he's a family friend, wouldn't he have already met him? I remember seeing a tweet from dan saying Anthony wanted to meet him and he (dan) needed to make sure it didn't violate any NCAA rules.  ???  That tweet just didn't make it seem like he had ever met the kid before.

I was just going by this info:

Dan Sileo is a friend of the Chickillo family long before Anthony was a football stud.

Also, I think you linked the original broadcast in this thread and dan didn't sound like a member of the media that day..saying he needed to go to miami to put on the green jacket  ::)

By what you just said, I'm assuming Sileo checked with somebody before slobbering all over him ....

I do not know whether he checked or not...but you're claim was highly inflammatory which had me curious.  Nothing would please me more than to hear Dan Sileo broke NCAA rules and get the guy banned off the airways.  But the truth is Dan Sileo is allowed to have him on the radio as a friend, and/or local sports personality who he interviews (again loosely interpretted).  I am just trying to differentiate whether you believe this to be simply unfair, or whether you've got definitive proof that Dan Sileo broke an NCAA rule.

Remember UA had Chris Weinke and Deion Sanders, among the other sports celebs, working with the athletes at the WWS's compound.  They were in free contact with those players and even mentioned out loud about one having that "Seminole Swagger."  Isn't that even worse then what you're insinuating of Dan Sileo.  UA is not affiliated with FSU (although you wouldn't know it by who was in attendance), and those players were there as coaches and instructors-- again that's fair.  Now if FSU had Weinke specifically call a recruit, or Deion, or they had those guys show up to meet with a recruit on an official visit or at their home-- rule breaker.  But happenstance as simple acquiantances is not a rule breaker.

The true NCAA guideline is very specific (not quoting in the least) in that a student, booster, donor, or involved alum (that means just because you went to school doesn't make you an honorary rep of the University) are not allowed to coerse, provide benefits, or represent a school to a recruit.  Those folks can't purposely attend functions with sole purpose of recruiting that individual.  I've known lots of local HS sports athletes for years, but once they're recruitable talent it doesn't mean I have to avoid the kids, providing our meetings, or bumps were either due to a previous friendship, or by happenstance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Will the NCAA's investigation into Sileo's illegal contact with him play into his choice, I wonder ....

When did Sileo have illegal contact with him?  What is illegal contact anyway, it sounds like a perverted sex act.  Anyone can speak with anyone...the there is nothing 'illegal' about speaking to a recruit, albeit there are certain circumstances where the NCAA would deem it impermissible, but it's a very limited set of circumstances that are not allowed.  Where are you getting this from or is this more TMT wild speculation?

I don't think you're really suppose to talk to a recruit when you're a student/alum....sileo had him on the radio talking about going to um....which in a sense makes him a rep of the school...if I've read the guidelines correctly

Here's the out on that:

Q. Is this contact rule applicable to "established family friends" or neighbors?

A. No. However, it must be understood that such contacts cannot be made for recruiting purposes and cannot be initiated or arranged by USF coaching staff members. In addition, the established relationship between the booster and the prospect must have occurred prior to the friend or neighbor becoming a prospect.

Technically, the call wasn't for recruiting purposes but anyone who heard it (don't know if it's still on 620's site or not) knows Sileo was laying it on pretty thick .... and I've got to think if he hadn't been a "family friend" it could have been classified a violation ...

if's he's a family friend, wouldn't he have already met him? I remember seeing a tweet from dan saying Anthony wanted to meet him and he (dan) needed to make sure it didn't violate any NCAA rules.  ???  That tweet just didn't make it seem like he had ever met the kid before.

Dan Sileo is a friend of the Chickillo family long before Anthony was a football stud.

Also, I think you linked the original broadcast in this thread and dan didn't sound like a member of the media that day..saying he needed to go to miami to put on the green jacket  ::)

By what you just said, I'm assuming Sileo checked with somebody before slobbering all over him ....

I do not know whether he checked or not...but you're claim was highly inflammatory which had me curious.  Nothing would please me more than to hear Dan Sileo broke NCAA rules and get the guy banned off the airways.  But the truth is Dan Sileo is allowed to have him on the radio as a friend, and/or local sports personality who he interviews (again loosely interpretted).  I am just trying to differentiate whether you believe this to be simply unfair, or whether you've got definitive proof that Dan Sileo broke an NCAA rule.

This is one of my serious moments .... Here's the interview: http://tinyurl.com/Sileo-evidence

From around the 2:50 point on I'm not sure how that can't be a violation unless the media has total immunity ...

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Another little twist to this recruitment I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Alonso defensive end Anthony Chickillo spent the practices leading up to Wednesday’s Under Armour All-America Game playing opposite the top recruit in the nation.

Rock Hill (S.C.) South Pointe defensive end Jadeveon Clowney came to Florida with the title of ESPNU’s No. 1 overall prospect. But Clowney left impressed with his new teammate, so much so that they talked about making sure they played again — in college.

“He said he’s going to go wherever I go, so we’ll see if we can stay together,†said Clowney, who played through a nagging left hip injury. “That would be pretty fun, me on one end and him on the other. I’ve got to give it to him. When I got here I told him that, that I was impressed."

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/alonsos-chickillo-earns-defensive-mvp-under-armour-game/7915/

Maybe just heat of the moment type talk but someone could be in for a bonanza ...

Well, the other kid doesn't even appear to be considering us so it looks like Chickillo may end up following him to USC or both going somewhere like Alabama.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Another little twist to this recruitment I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Alonso defensive end Anthony Chickillo spent the practices leading up to Wednesday’s Under Armour All-America Game playing opposite the top recruit in the nation.

Rock Hill (S.C.) South Pointe defensive end Jadeveon Clowney came to Florida with the title of ESPNU’s No. 1 overall prospect. But Clowney left impressed with his new teammate, so much so that they talked about making sure they played again — in college.

“He said he’s going to go wherever I go, so we’ll see if we can stay together,†said Clowney, who played through a nagging left hip injury. “That would be pretty fun, me on one end and him on the other. I’ve got to give it to him. When I got here I told him that, that I was impressed."

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/alonsos-chickillo-earns-defensive-mvp-under-armour-game/7915/

Maybe just heat of the moment type talk but someone could be in for a bonanza ...

Well, the other kid doesn't even appear to be considering us so it looks like Chickillo may end up following him to USC or both going somewhere like Alabama.

If he doesn't come here, the further away the better .... hate to have to face those two the next 3 years.

Here's the out on that:

This is one of my serious moments .... Here's the interview: http://tinyurl.com/Sileo-evidence

From around the 2:50 point on I'm not sure how that can't be a violation unless the media has total immunity ...

How is that a violation?  He said he'll hook him up when he gets down to the U, so I guess the NCAA can wait until that happens and entrap him, but for now that's a media personality interviewing a local star athlete/player. 

I hate it too, but there really is no violation I could find in there.  Anthony was already committed, Dan was mainly asking him journalistic questions.  There was never any coersion, or enticements offered in exchange for him to go to the U.  It was just a lot of powder-puff BS from Dan which is allowed given the circumstances.

No doubt, but the USF staff is even cautious about it.  I am realistic and not masochistic, so I don't like to abuse myself with whimsical hopes of the gumdrop fairy.  He may happen, but I'd prefer to stick with the realistic possibility that it's highly likely he will not come here.

Our other big name guys like this...Giddins, T-Rex...I knew months before they were leaning to USF.  This is not a circumstance like those, this is a longest of long shots.  But like you say "Anthing can happen." ::)

I agree that it's a longshot at best, but there is still a chance.

Remember when T-Rex verballed to FSU before he met with Coach Holtz. What's to say the adverse thing couldn't happen after Chickillo meets with Golden. While I agree that Golden would have to royally screw things up, you can never tell what might happen.

Firing Shannon was the only thing that gave USF the slightest of chances.

T-Rex is not the same situation in fact it doesn't bode well for us as an example in this circumstance.  Before the Leavitt firing USF was truly considered the full on leader for T-Rex.  He was a USF commit to lose.  Leavitt got fired, T-Rex commits to FSU about a week later, and then after he got a chance to know Skip he went back to the team he loved and wanted to commit to in the first place...but for a coaching change that is where he would have committed to first.

Sound familiar?

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

^ Kayvon Webster is a perfect example. Very similar to what could end up of the Chickillo situation; just less star power.

• Content Count:  1,757

^ Kayvon Webster is a perfect example. Very similar to what could end up of the Chickillo situation; just less star power.

...and less family members who are Miami legends....

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No doubt, but the USF staff is even cautious about it.  I am realistic and not masochistic, so I don't like to abuse myself with whimsical hopes of the gumdrop fairy.  He may happen, but I'd prefer to stick with the realistic possibility that it's highly likely he will not come here.

Our other big name guys like this...Giddins, T-Rex...I knew months before they were leaning to USF.  This is not a circumstance like those, this is a longest of long shots.  But like you say "Anthing can happen." ::)

I agree that it's a longshot at best, but there is still a chance.

Remember when T-Rex verballed to FSU before he met with Coach Holtz. What's to say the adverse thing couldn't happen after Chickillo meets with Golden. While I agree that Golden would have to royally screw things up, you can never tell what might happen.

Firing Shannon was the only thing that gave USF the slightest of chances.

T-Rex is not the same situation in fact it doesn't bode well for us as an example in this circumstance.  Before the Leavitt firing USF was truly considered the full on leader for T-Rex.  He was a USF commit to lose.  Leavitt got fired, T-Rex commits to FSU about a week later, and then after he got a chance to know Skip he went back to the team he loved and wanted to commit to in the first place...but for a coaching change that is where he would have committed to first.

Sound familiar?

I am fully aware of that situation. That why I said that the adverse thing could potentially happen with Chickillo. Still a longshot, but we'll know soon enough how that meeting went.

Archived