• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Does USF keep the TOP talent home?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This topic needs to float over to basketball as well. If there was ever a time to keep the top talent home the next two classes is it. USF basketball could become a BE power if they can sign the home state talent.

I agree.

As unattractive as the Big East is to top football talent, the opposite holds true for basketball. Coach Heath certainly has raised the profile of USF, with recent players being drafted and impressive victories against many of the better conference teams. Add in the new practice facilitiy and USF should now be in position to make some real inroads recruiting Florida talent. Hopefully, that will happen. 

Mama_Bull call me crazy but I really believe that USF Bulls basketball is on the cusp of greatness. 

:o :o :o

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

USF gets top local talent by beating UF, FSU and Miami. Beat them regularily, and it doesn't matter what conference USF is in.

If we can beat UF, FSU and Miami regularly, wouldn't that mean that we are already outrecruiting them?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

USF gets top local talent by beating UF, FSU and Miami. Beat them regularily, and it doesn't matter what conference USF is in.

If we can beat UF, FSU and Miami regularly, wouldn't that mean that we are already outrecruiting them?

We will never outrecruit them without beating them .... which is why beating UF this year is so important.  ::)

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

I know this gets old, but give it time. Like one on the other board said something like getting USF ex-players coaching at the high school level and preaching USF. Also, old again, how many years of FOOTBALL alumni do we have?

I think our recruiting has improved every year, and will continue to do so.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

I know this gets old, but give it time. Like one on the other board said something like getting USF ex-players coaching at the high school level and preaching USF. Also, old again, how many years of FOOTBALL alumni do we have?

I think our recruiting has improved every year, and will continue to do so.

+3!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Patience is a virtue.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I don't know if this was posted, but here's an interview on the subject w/ recruits:

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=obk10hnn10hmkm85revomihtf6&topic=5858.0

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't know if this was posted, but here's an interview on the subject w/ recruits:

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=obk10hnn10hmkm85revomihtf6&topic=5858.0

Thanks.

It's good to hear the various perspectives on USF from top local players.

Hope we land Davis.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

It helps to have kids like T-Rex preaching to the kids lets start something special here. I watched part of "The U" on espn, couldn't stomach watching it all. But I remember several of them were talking about how they just had pride in the area and they all wanted to come in and show the world that their area was the best.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Postmortem, you had me thinking about that. The kids in the area lack pride in the area. But I do believe thats changing all so slowly. It would have been a lot faster if they would have kept that run going of a couple of years ago. But being in the national spot light with the feel good stories and national rankings. I think it help us this coming year recruiting. All those kids were sophmores when they witness our raises to #2 in the country. If you go to scout.com. USF is on a lot of 5-4 star players lists. I do believe we will get more each year.

Archived