• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Does USF keep the TOP talent home?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

That's the subject of a thread on Big County Preps, the site is run by Hillsborough County Football coaches' and many of them post there.

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2jgjaq50hr4on5ftlahhuq2rd3&topic=5779.0

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Some good points, don't agree with the on Campus Stadium issue, otherwise UCF would be a better team than USF.  Which they are not. 

It will take time, money, and wins. 

Some good points, don't agree with the on Campus Stadium issue, otherwise UCF would be a better team than USF.  Which they are not. 

It will take time, money, and wins.   

I don't agree with the stadium issue either. In fact, I think local HS kids would like to play where the Bucs play since that is there dream.

IMO, the biggest drawback for USF getting top local talent is playing in the Big East. None of the current Big East teams get many blue chip recruits. If we played in the ACC or SEC, we'd be much more attractive to them.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

USF gets top local talent by beating UF, FSU and Miami. Beat them regularily, and it doesn't matter what conference USF is in.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

But if Bulls become the beast of the BE and go to a BCS bowl 3 of 4 years, BE level of play helps.  When USF wins some BCS bowls and sellsout RayJay consistently, kids will stay home. never all, but several top ones.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This topic needs to float over to basketball as well. If there was ever a time to keep the top talent home the next two classes is it. USF basketball could become a BE power if they can sign the home state talent.

This topic needs to float over to basketball as well. If there was ever a time to keep the top talent home the next two classes is it. USF basketball could become a BE power if they can sign the home state talent.

I agree.

As unattractive as the Big East is to top football talent, the opposite holds true for basketball. Coach Heath certainly has raised the profile of USF, with recent players being drafted and impressive victories against many of the better conference teams. Add in the new practice facilitiy and USF should now be in position to make some real inroads recruiting Florida talent. Hopefully, that will happen. 

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I agree.

As unattractive as the Big East is to top football talent, the opposite holds true for basketball. Coach Heath certainly has raised the profile of USF, with recent players being drafted and impressive victories against many of the better conference teams. Add in the new practice facilitiy and USF should now be in position to make some real inroads recruiting Florida talent. Hopefully, that will happen. 

Mama_Bull call me crazy but I really believe that USF Bulls basketball is on the cusp of greatness. 

• Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed Mama and Vega, our Basketball program has a chance to really make some noise as we are in the best basketball conference in the country hands down. It is like the SEC in football there are other great conferences but none can compare from top to bottom. With our new facilities and mainly our coach in my opinion we will rise to the top and be a powerhouse. The players are the main reason, regardless, but I think Stan will stay here as long as we as fans and the school can keep him happy.

Which if we win that shouldn't be a problem as USF should rake in the money with NCAA bids every year. The only question would be the Dome but I think that can stay as is and still be beneficial with a new practice and workout facility. The next main ingredient would be our coach who I think has the potential to be great and from what I know is a stand up person. All things I would want to be associated with but I do not know basketball like I do football, so I would love to hear what our more B-ball/Sun Dome raised alumni think as you all know more about the subject.

But personally if I had the choice between who has more potential to succeed to our expectations in Basketball or Football in the state of Florida I would take our B-Ball program every time. Billy Donovan is not the same coach he was and his connects in the NE might be drying up now that there is a school in the BE just a little further south in a destination that appeals to those players(I really think this is a huge advantage for us, as Florida is with football so is the NE and B-Ball)!

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Agreed Mama and Vega, our Basketball program has a chance to really make some noise as we are in the best basketball conference in the country hands down. It is like the SEC in football there are other great conferences but none can compare from top to bottom. With our new facilities and mainly our coach in my opinion we will rise to the top and be a powerhouse. The players are the main reason, regardless, but I think Stan will stay here as long as we as fans and the school can keep him happy.

Which if we win that shouldn't be a problem as USF should rake in the money with NCAA bids every year. The only question would be the Dome but I think that can stay as is and still be beneficial with a new practice and workout facility. The next main ingredient would be our coach who I think has the potential to be great and from what I know is a stand up person. All things I would want to be associated with but I do not know basketball like I do football, so I would love to hear what our more B-ball/Sun Dome raised alumni think as you all know more about the subject.

But personally if I had the choice between who has more potential to succeed to our expectations in Basketball or Football in the state of Florida I would take our B-Ball program every time. Billy Donovan is not the same coach he was and his connects in the NE might be drying up now that there is a school in the BE just a little further south in a destination that appeals to those players(I really think this is a huge advantage for us, as Florida is with football so is the NE and B-Ball)!

Agree with everything you said except the part about the Sun Dome. It can't and won't stay as is as they are already performing study's on what should be done with it. That dump has to be renovated or replaced with a new building.

Archived