• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip talked to O'liar...Why?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

We need to be pragmatic and look at this situation from a economic point of view...

The economy sucks and has yet to hit rock bottom,

you have no idea what you're talking about

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Bottom line, playing crappy 1AA teams isn't really going to help us get better or become a stronger BCS schooll.

I'd much rather us play UCF and FAU and FIU in a rotation than charleston southern and wofford and western kentucky. 

People get excited for UCF / USF games, we get some butts in seats, and it has been a fun series for us.

I understand the down side, we could lose once (heck, this would be the year that would happen as we may have a majorly down year, glad we are not playing them this year).  But USF is 4 - 0 against UCF.  I think Skip is like 3 - 1 against them.  And we have better players than Skip had at ECU.

So I don't see it as being a huge issue playing them and at least it is a quality game.

Plus, UCF has had some wins in recruiting.  Some against us.  Some from HS players in the Bay area. Would be nice to remind everyone who is superior in the Central Florida market every other year or so.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Bottom line, playing crappy 1AA teams isn't really going to help us get better or become a stronger BCS schooll.

I'd much rather us play UCF and FAU and FIU in a rotation than charleston southern and wofford and western kentucky. 

People get excited for UCF / USF games, we get some butts in seats, and it has been a fun series for us.

I understand the down side, we could lose once (heck, this would be the year that would happen as we may have a majorly down year, glad we are not playing them this year).  But USF is 4 - 0 against UCF.  I think Skip is like 3 - 1 against them.  And we have better players than Skip had at ECU.

So I don't see it as being a huge issue playing them and at least it is a quality game.

Plus, UCF has had some wins in recruiting.  Some against us.  Some from HS players in the Bay area. Would be nice to remind everyone who is superior in the Central Florida market every other year or so.

It will never replace a 1AA game.  Everyone plays a warmup 1aa game.  it could replace a WKU or FAU, teams that are legitimate 1A, although sunbelt teams.  Playing 1-2 really tough OOC conf games (ie: Foriday and Miami) and the rest creampuffs seems to be the way to go if u ask me.  Unless u want to consider them a creampuff replacement game. 

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

We need to be pragmatic and look at this situation from a economic point of view...

The economy ***** and has yet to hit rock bottom, thanks to BO all he did was delay the inevitable and once the Census is done the unemployment will go up 3% and once the stimulus money runs out, of which USF had a huge chunk of, some really tough choices will have to be made which will cause the unemployment rates to jump up even further. I predict that it will surpass the figures of the Great Depression... if you factor in the number of people that are unemployed and are no longer eligible for benefits right now then our current unemployment numbers are around the low 20 percentile. Once the stimulus and the Census end it will jump up again.

Since I work at USF I know that the stimulus money runs out in 2011 and the University will have to some how make up a $25 Million dollar hole. This is no secret, its just not widely reported to avoid a panic.

Now I hate UiCF as much as anyone on this board... when I see one of those douches drive by me on the road a part of me wants to run them over with my mud truck... but if this helps USF save some dough which will save some jobs then I'm all for it.

If we can work it out I would rather play Miami and UCF or FAU every year... or at worst some schools in Georgia, Alabama, Miss, or SC this would save USF millions of dollars.

Yes, the only thing preventing USF from playing UCF in football right now is stimulus funds from the government. That makes perfect sense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

The economy ***** and has yet to hit rock bottom, thanks to BO all he did was delay the inevitable and once the Census is done the unemployment will go up 3% and once the stimulus money runs out, of which USF had a huge chunk of, some really tough choices will have to be made which will cause the unemployment rates to jump up even further. I predict that it will surpass the figures of the Great Depression... if you factor in the number of people that are unemployed and are no longer eligible for benefits right now then our current unemployment numbers are around the low 20 percentile. Once the stimulus and the Census end it will jump up again.

Since I work at USF I know that the stimulus money runs out in 2011 and the University will have to some how make up a $25 Million dollar hole. This is no secret, its just not widely reported to avoid a panic.

Now I hate UiCF as much as anyone on this board... when I see one of those douches drive by me on the road a part of me wants to run them over with my mud truck... but if this helps USF save some dough which will save some jobs then I'm all for it.

If we can work it out I would rather play Miami and UCF or FAU every year... or at worst some schools in Georgia, Alabama, Miss, or SC this would save USF millions of dollars.

If you're looking at this from an economic view let's just go independent, play some pay day games against the big BCS schools and schedule a bunch of home games with lesser division teams. That would be fairly fiscally responsible ...  ;)

Bottom line is that if the decision to play them was based on the economic viability of it, we'd already have another series with them. We're in the process of building a football program and playing them at this point in our development is not in our best interest.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Woolard is doing the right thing in the progress of our team by not scheduling UCF.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Woolard is doing the right thing in the progress of our team by not scheduling UCF.

And thank goodness that we have smarter people running the show. We are still building a program, just like ucif. They won a few recruiting battles and they feel that they're neck and neck with the Bulls. I say let them find there own way to the top. Then lets play annually.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Pretty much. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose.  The game is a no win situation for our bulls. 

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

i hope ppl remember the last time we beat UCF we actually dropped in our ranking

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

1 ???

2 UCF/FAU/FIU

3 road BCS

4 home BCS

5 Miami

6 Cincinnati

7 Connecticut

8 Louisville