• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip talked to O'liar...Why?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/05/holtz-not-opposed-to-bulls-playing-ucf-again.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+tampabaycom/blogs/usf+(The+Bulletin+|+tampabay.com)

"USF coach Skip Holtz said Tuesday that he's spoken with Central Florida coach George O'Leary about their two schools playing in football"

I stopped reading there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

you should have read on, for it demonstrates how skilled Skip is in the art of diplomacy.  he left o'louser with face while shifting responsibility to woolard who gets paid big bucks to be the heavy.  skip made no needless enemies.  bobby bowdenesque.

• Content Count:  771

why not?  Holtz isn't Aycock like leavitt was.  It's the AD's that schedule games anyway.  plus didn't o'leary go to bcs games with georgia tech?  I am sure renewing the ucf vs usf series wasn't the only thing they talked about. 

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

O'liar tried to sale Skip his ocean front property in Orlando. Told him about the amazing view of the pacific ocean in his back yard. Stay away from him Skip.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Skip coached in the same conference for several years.  Would have been unseemly for him not to take gol's call.  As for renewing the series, I have said before that I would expect to see them on the schedule here and there in the future but not annually.

• Content Count:  4,501

Can you feel it - that heavy heavy very heavy burden of having to be the school that is the reason for the existence of UCF football  I mean is life worth living if UCF doesn't get to play USF in football ?  If UCF could pick one team to be on its football schedule every year it would be USF.  Its like having that cute puppy in front of you - you just have to pet it.  Will our AD and new coach succomb to the pressure and play with that puppy or just turn their back. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We need to be pragmatic and look at this situation from a economic point of view...

The economy sucks and has yet to hit rock bottom, thanks to BO all he did was delay the inevitable and once the Census is done the unemployment will go up 3% and once the stimulus money runs out, of which USF had a huge chunk of, some really tough choices will have to be made which will cause the unemployment rates to jump up even further. I predict that it will surpass the figures of the Great Depression... if you factor in the number of people that are unemployed and are no longer eligible for benefits right now then our current unemployment numbers are around the low 20 percentile. Once the stimulus and the Census end it will jump up again.

Since I work at USF I know that the stimulus money runs out in 2011 and the University will have to some how make up a $25 Million dollar hole. This is no secret, its just not widely reported to avoid a panic.

Now I hate UiCF as much as anyone on this board... when I see one of those douches drive by me on the road a part of me wants to run them over with my mud truck... but if this helps USF save some dough which will save some jobs then I'm all for it.

If we can work it out I would rather play Miami and UCF or FAU every year... or at worst some schools in Georgia, Alabama, Miss, or SC this would save USF millions of dollars.

• Content Count:  771

hopefully woolard can get the miami deal renewed.  Otherwise we might get stuck playing ucif.  although I still say they will be joining the big east soon anyways.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Skip was being the ultimate politician.  He would much rather play UM, FSU, and UF.  Really doesn't want anything to do with UCF, but left the door open by saying he is "not opposed" to it.  Read between the lines people, that doesn't mean he is for it.  If he was for it the deal would be signed by midnight tonight, but he is not.  He realizes the importance of keeping UCF down.  If they get in the BE (which I don't think will happen actually), then we'll play every year anyway.  So like a true politician he kept all his options open, and appeased everyone, and shifted responsibility to Woolard.  When in reality he would rather not play them.  Make no mistake the HC signs off on all the schedules, even if Woolard does put them together.  Will we play here and there in the future, possibly, but on USF's terms unless they happen to get in the BE.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The drama of the games are great-not the drama before and after in the parking lots

Archived