• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip talked to O'liar...Why?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Woolard is doing the right thing in the progress of our team by not scheduling UCF.

Pretty much. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose.  The game is a no win situation for our bulls. 

I dont care for playing them yearly and realize that we stand to lose more. BUT on the flip side realize that UF,FSU and UM could say the same about playing USF yearly, so those of you that feel this way dont go crazy if and when UM decides to stop playing USF. It could happen sooner than you think. I dont see them extending our games when the present contract runs out

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Woolard is doing the right thing in the progress of our team by not scheduling UCF.

Pretty much. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose.  The game is a no win situation for our bulls. 

I dont care for playing them yearly and realize that we stand to lose more. BUT on the flip side realize that UF,FSU and UM could say the same about playing USF yearly, so those of you that feel this way dont go crazy if and when UM decides to stop playing USF. It could happen sooner than you think. I dont see them extending our games when the present contract runs out

Miami will play us, it may not be every year though.  I don't see them totally dropping us no matter what, and especially if we win a couple.  FSU is playing us here and there, why would Miami be any different.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yup i realize this and hope we can steal a game or two against Miami before the series expires.

1 ???

2 UCF/FAU/FIU

3 road BCS

4 home BCS

5 Miami

6 Cincinnati

7 Connecticut

8 Louisville

9 Pittsburgh

10 Rutgers

11 Syracuse

12 West Virginia

Actually, you've got it off... the scheduling philosophy

1.  I-AA team  [As long as USF can count the win toward bowl eligibility, it's no-brainer to have a HOME WIN every year]

2. Non-BCS (Home in years with 3 Big East homes games / Away in years with 4 Big East home games)

3. Non-BCS Home

4. BCS Home  (this INCLUDES Miami)

5. BCS Road (this INCLUDES Miami)

6-12. Big East games

Doug Woolard wants to get USF to a position to have SEVEN home games...

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Miami will play us, it may not be every year though.  I don't see them totally dropping us no matter what, and especially if we win a couple.  FSU is playing us here and there, why would Miami be any different.

As I said, UM will probably NOT extend the yearly games once they are done. Wil they play USF on and off, yes and I think thats the same deal UCF will get from USF.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

1 ???

2 UCF/FAU/FIU

3 road BCS

4 home BCS

5 Miami

6 Cincinnati

7 Connecticut

8 Louisville

9 Pittsburgh

10 Rutgers

11 Syracuse

12 West Virginia

Actually, you've got it off... the scheduling philosophy

1.  I-AA team  [As long as USF can count the win toward bowl eligibility, it's no-brainer to have a HOME WIN every year]

2. Non-BCS (Home in years with 3 Big East homes games / Away in years with 4 Big East home games)

3. Non-BCS Home

4. BCS Home  (this INCLUDES Miami)

5. BCS Road (this INCLUDES Miami)

6-12. Big East games

Doug Woolard wants to get USF to a position to have SEVEN home games...

That's just it. I know what we do now, but people are wanting to drop the 1AA game and make the  UCF/FIU/FAU a rotation. Just trying to think how to fill that in. Perhaps a home-road rotation with UCF/FIU/FAU.

2011-  @UCF, vs FAU

2012-  @FAU, vs FIU

2012-  @FIU, vs UCF

rinse and repeat

With Miami, that's still two games to find. I said home and road BCS, but thats a tall order to find, I'm fine with alternating the BCS game depending where the Miami game is played, and then bring in a 1AA (personally, I think FAMU should be brought in every 3 or 4 years and ask them to bring the band. that'll help with attendance)

I don't think you'll see FIU on the schedule any time soon... not after what they did to USF last year.

What you won't see is 3 non-conference BCS games... so for the the next four years, it's Miami +1:

2010: Miami + Florida

2011: Miami + Notre Dame

2012: Miami + Florida State

2013: Miami + Michigan State

If Miami doesn't extend the series, other BCS teams will be found to take the Canes slot:

2014: NC State & T.B.A.

2015: Florida & Indiana

2016: Indiana & T.B.A.

2017: Michigan State & T.B.A.

Truthfully, however, this could all change with expansion... USF might find a home in a conference with 8 (or perhaps 9) conference games... which dramatically changes scheduling.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Someone has yet to explain to me why you would drop the 1AA game when everyone else has one.  So you want to put us at a disadvantage over everyone else right off the bat?  It is a free win that everyone takes, and you want to take that away?  Now if u want to beef up the rest of the non conf schedule fine.  I think its plenty tough now with UF, Miami, ND, etc on future schedules.  I think u play 2 tough OOC game and 3 cupcakes.  I think the scheduling philosophy is right on as it stands now.   

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

You don't burn your bridges. While I don't want to see any more UCF games, unless they are in a BCS league, we have the same respect for them that UF and Miami fans  have for USF. Would you rather USF play Wofford or UCF?

• Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

Would you rather USF play Wofford or UCF?

The whole point is that these games don't exist in a vacuum, and USF doesn't have to make a choice on one single game the way you've presented the dilemma here. The question REALLY is, "would you rather USF play 12 games including one against Wofford, or 12 games including one against UCF." In the context of the entire schedule, it really doesn't make a difference - "cupcake" has become quite the buzzword in the past decade in college football, but wins over UCF and Wofford are still going to be roughly equivalent. UCF is for sure a slightly (VERY slightly) more impressive win, but it's still so close that it doesn't make it worthwhile, in my opinion, to put up with their fans or make it easier on UCF's football team to rise to a BCS conference (which is exactly what would happen with wins over USF - and if there is an annual series, it's a given that UCF would <i>eventually</i> manage to win a couple).

UCF has to earn a regular shot at beating USF, I say. The Bulls beat them four straight times already, and nothing has happened in Orlando to indicate that the team is any better now than they were during that series.

Archived