• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who will be remembered more? Selvie or JPP?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

If JPP reaches his potential, I think him because he can be such a great NFL player, and our first dominant player. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

If JPP reaches his potential, I think him because he can be such a great NFL player, and our first dominant player. 

Wrong.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

Wrong.

what part is wrong? Hewouldbeourfirst dominantplayer. And I believe if he became a superstar in the NFL, he would be rememberedmore.

• Content Count:  2,433

For me its JPP.

• Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I somewhat agree with the comment about the career these players will have in the pro's but if that was the case than everyone would always be talking about Brandon Marshall and UCF. That is by far their best player ever from UCF and a VERY close second is Asante but he was the one that broke the barrier for them in the pros and is associated with UCF more than Marshall.

To me college playing careers and their devotion to their school is what determines who will be remembered more. I think that is why people hated Tebow so much and he even pissed me off at times b/c he was so perfect, but he was the best player a school could ever ask for. Besides what he did athletically which is amazing in it's self with the national championship's and first sophomore to win a Heisman. He was an ambassador for that school and would do anything for it, even risking money by coming back for another year.

So to me Selvie is first between those two, but as a student/fan I would say my tops are J.R. Reid/Marquel B.(smart kids,great players, and are back helping the program) Dominique Jones(who bled for the GREEN and GOLD) and Grothe(who could have gone to a lot of other schools even when he knew a four star QB was coming in the same time as him) plus his highlights are unforgettable because you never knew what would happen and HE was the one that put us on the map along with Selvie but Grothe was who the MEDIA would always talk about.

• Content Count:  5,591

Wrong.

Well, I'm glad you gave me good reason.  Why do you think it is wrong?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Is this really a question?

• Content Count:  6

Selvie had is own billboard, so I saw him just about every day on the interstate too

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

I somewhat agree with the comment about the career these players will have in the pro's but if that was the case than everyone would always be talking about Brandon Marshall and UCF. That is by far their best player ever from UCF and a VERY close second is Asante but he was the one that broke the barrier for them in the pros and is associated with UCF more than Marshall.

Daunte Culpepper??

Thing is, once they hit the NFL, there's very little association with their college in most cases. Usually, the only time it's brought up is in the pre-game introductions and an occasional mention during games. With all the ******** that Marshall's done, I can't recall him being linked to UCF once on a naational level.

• Content Count:  1,479

Well, we've already had guys win Super Bowls (Kawika, Ryan Benjamin), a guy who had 10 interceptions in one season (Anthony Henry), so we have had some guys who were drafted and had success in the NFL. Selvie will be remembered as the Playboy All-Amercian, the "face" of our defense during the Grothe Era, the guy everyone turned to. Now, JPP might always be remembered if he has a long successful pro career, but I dont know if anyone outside of USF will associate him with USF. You saw when he was drafted, Chris Berman mentioned the "out of nowhere" storyline  and we are just a piece of that.

Archived