• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

at spring game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We just returned. I finally got to be a front row observer for the whole sit down/stand up controversy. 3 guys refused to sit down even though about 30 people were yelling at them. I heard the guy tell the girl beside him that they were only standing up to make a point.  We had our 8 month old with us, and there were no other seats available so we had to leave early. Thanks guys. Hope you got your point across

I was sitting next to the two standers and honestly the whole thing started during the opening series when JUST ABOUT EVERYONE in the rows in front of them and I were standing, so naturally me and them stood up so we could see over the people standing in the rows below us and we were very excited about the first bulls football we have seen in months.  Well apparently this was a no go, no standing allowed to make sure you could see the game when just about everyone in front of you is standing.  The people behind us started to sling some insults calling us white trash and what not and doing the whole passive aggressive im going to talk really loud about you to the person next to me and make sure you can hear it bit.  Me and one of the other guys sat down after the people in front of us sat down, pretty ******* novel concept don't you think????  Well two of the other guys remained standing and they were indeed trying to make a point, especially when no one tried to go about getting them to sit in a civil way, just started to scream and throw insults pretty much immediately like children.  The best part was at one point one of the complainers tried to go get TSA to have the 2 guys removed, but guess what happened?  The TSA person told them  ITS OK TO STAND just don't argue and name call with the people around you!!!!!  Im a go with the flow type of guy i stand if people in my section are standing and at one point just about everyone in front of me was standing so naturally i stood to see my bulls play, however some people acted like i was kicking babys and proceeded to throw a fit. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Well two of the other guys remained standing and they were indeed trying to make a point, especially when no one tried to go about getting them to sit in a civil way, just started to scream and throw insults pretty much immediately like children.

I think the "children" label looks like it could be placed on both sides ..... although standing "to make a point" is probably preferable to standing "so my pants don't get wet".  8-)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

How much does the lower half of that side hold.  It looks like there was a little more than the lower half of the lower bowl, I saw some people in the upper half of lower bowl.

They opened 235 and 236 just before halftime. I was sitting in the WC section of 135 and they were standing 2 deep behind me and Mrs. S before that.

I talked to a ticket rep on Thursday and he indicated that they only expected 5 to 7 thousand. I think the unexpected turnout was a good sign. Now that cloud that hung over the stadium the first half, maybe not so much.

Anybody heard anything about AJ?

Well two of the other guys remained standing and they were indeed trying to make a point, especially when no one tried to go about getting them to sit in a civil way, just started to scream and throw insults pretty much immediately like children.

I think the "children" label looks like it could be placed on both sides ..... although standing "to make a point" is probably preferable to standing "so my pants don't get wet".   8-)

Two of the four people in question were standing because everyone in front of them was standing how that's "acting like children" i have no idea.  I would certainly say screaming at people calling names and crying because you don't get your way certainly fits the bill to me.  As for the they're standing because they don't want to sit in wet seats, i don't know where that came from because as far as i know that was not the reason any of the 4 in this incident were standing.  

• Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

We just returned. I finally got to be a front row observer for the whole sit down/stand up controversy. 3 guys refused to sit down even though about 30 people were yelling at them. I heard the guy tell the girl beside him that they were only standing up to make a point.  We had our 8 month old with us, and there were no other seats available so we had to leave early. Thanks guys. Hope you got your point across

I'll preface this by saying I don't have kids.... why the heck would you have an 8 month old with you? Not saying the guys shouldn't have sat down... they should have... but isn't that what babysitters are for?

Yes you obviously don't have kids and don't understand.  Many enjoy bringing their kids no matter the age.  I must have counted 10 kids in younger than my 5 month old there...no big deal to me. 

• Content Count:  140

I was sitting next to the two standers and honestly the whole thing started during the opening series when JUST ABOUT EVERYONE in the rows in front of them and I were standing, so naturally me and them stood up so we could see over the people standing in the rows below us and we were very excited about the first bulls football we have seen in months.  Well apparently this was a no go, no standing allowed to make sure you could see the game when just about everyone in front of you is standing.  The people behind us started to sling some insults calling us white trash and what not and doing the whole passive aggressive im going to talk really loud about you to the person next to me and make sure you can hear it bit.  Me and one of the other guys sat down after the people in front of us sat down, pretty ******* novel concept don't you think????  Well two of the other guys remained standing and they were indeed trying to make a point, especially when no one tried to go about getting them to sit in a civil way, just started to scream and throw insults pretty much immediately like children.  The best part was at one point one of the complainers tried to go get TSA to have the 2 guys removed, but guess what happened?  The TSA person told them  ITS OK TO STAND just don't argue and name call with the people around you!!!!!  Im a go with the flow type of guy i stand if people in my section are standing and at one point just about everyone in front of me was standing so naturally i stood to see my bulls play, however some people acted like i was kicking babys and proceeded to throw a fit.   

I saw that going down when the TSA came down to talk to them and everyone started cheering because they thought they were being removed. They were about 30-35 rows from the field and not a single person in that entire section was standing. There was absolutely nothing blocking their view, they were just trying to be ********.

When the game first started just about everyone in front of them and me was indeed standing, they continued to stand because they like to stand and because of the way the people went about trying to get them to sit down.  People acting like douchebags caused other people to act like douchebags, go figure. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,385
  • Days Won:  10

Me and my party had to leave in the first quarter due to no seats available.  I can't stand long and all the disabled seating was taken.  Very disappointed.  Oh well, I'll catch it on TV replay.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I was not far away and I saw the whole thing go down.  I thought it was funny that they let the guys keep standing.  However, in this case I will say that pretty much no one was standing in that entire place so maybe go with the flow and sit down.  I don't know. 

There were a lot of people there considering buying season tickets so I hate to see drama during a spring game, but I guess it is a good preview for what would await them if they bought one.

Sit down, stand up weee!!!!  I would prefer to stand up the whole game but I do try to sit down sometimes because I don't feel like getting tossed because someone whines.

• Content Count:  4,738

kind of a dbag move to stand at the spring game. 

by the way, we had a 3 mos old and 19 mos old.  I didnt think having kids meant chaining yourself to the house. 

i wish somebody would have made the move to open more seats up earlier.  standing room only for most of the first half. 65000 seats in the place and i have to hear TSA asking each other if they can let people sit in  the band section.  open up an end zone or something.  My guess is about 7k in attendance.

Archived