• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

at spring game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

there were open seats everywhere.  stop being babies.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12

I am one of the guys who was standing up.  At the beginning of the game it was raining and the majority of the section was standing.  By play 2 we had people calling us a**holes for not sitting down immediately upon their command.  There were plenty of people standing but towards the end of the first quarter we were the only ones in our section besides the people in the first 3 rows.  Later in the game tough guys were talking loudly about roughing us up in the parking lot after the game.  Of course the TSA guy that talked to us told us we would be thrown out if we cursed, he didnt seem to mind people making threats.  He did say it was ok to stand so I didnt really see any reason to sit (when I wanted to stand) when the people asking me to are doing it by name calling.  For most of the game there were seats available in front of us.  One of the guys that was yelling at us the most actually came up to me at the half and said if it were him he wouldnt sit either which was hilarious.

• Content Count:  27

I am one of the guys who was standing up.  At the beginning of the game it was raining and the majority of the section was standing.  By play 2 we had people calling us a**holes for not sitting down immediately upon their command.  There were plenty of people standing but towards the end of the first quarter we were the only ones in our section besides the people in the first 3 rows.  Later in the game tough guys were talking loudly about roughing us up in the parking lot after the game.  Of course the TSA guy that talked to us told us we would be thrown out if we cursed, he didnt seem to mind people making threats.  He did say it was ok to stand so I didnt really see any reason to sit (when I wanted to stand) when the people asking me to are doing it by name calling.  For most of the game there were seats available in front of us.  One of the guys that was yelling at us the most actually came up to me at the half and said if it were him he wouldnt sit either which was hilarious.

I'm all for standing up at games for all sports, but in this case, I don't see much of an issue with sitting down when people ask. I'm not specifically calling you out or anything, but there are limited seats and it is only a spring game. Plus, this is an opportunity for people who want to get season tickets to find out where they want to sit, so it is a courtesy to them and other that are behind you.

If it was a student section during a regular season game, I would be completely on your side. But this is a spring game where it is general admission and you have all types of people sitting in the same section. Who knows, there could have been an elderly person behind you who didn't want to stand for the entire game. It is just common courtesy in a spring game with general admission in only a few sections.

And I'm not saying that they didn't act like jerks by talking about calling you "a**holes" and saying they would "rough you up" because they probably were. But at the same time..you didn't do any favors by staying standing when you were perfectly capable of seeing the game while you were sitting. Instead, you leave probably about 5 or so rows unable to see.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

During the first series just about everyone in front of the standers in question was standing, so at that point no if they sat he could not have seen the game.  It was during that time that the insults and profanity began to fly.  Also i nor anyone else was EVER asked politely to sit but rather screamed at, cussed at, and threatened.  If i would have sat down then they would have been screaming at the people in the frow in front of me, then in front of them, and so on and so on.  If someone who was truly disabled was behind me i would have sat down but from my glances back everyone was perfectly capable of standing (most were middle aged, some had their high school age kids with them) also i didn't expect to stand the whole game as like i said im a go with the flow guy but i expect to be able to stand when others in front of me are standing and impeding my view.  I also expect to be able to do so without being verbally accosted and threatened.  The best part is how the people who were threatening us with violence and spewing profanity in front of children in the section were the one's calling us "white trash". 

• Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Its not an effing opera!!!!!!!!!! its a game stand and cheer if you want. you know whats awesome about having legs? you can stand

• Content Count:  808

During the first series just about everyone in front of the standers in question was standing, so at that point no if they sat he could not have seen the game.  It was during that time that the insults and profanity began to fly.  Also i nor anyone else was EVER asked politely to sit but rather screamed at, cussed at, and threatened.  If i would have sat down then they would have been screaming at the people in the frow in front of me, then in front of them, and so on and so on.  If someone who was truly disabled was behind me i would have sat down but from my glances back everyone was perfectly capable of standing (most were middle aged, some had their high school age kids with them) also i didn't expect to stand the whole game as like i said im a go with the flow guy but i expect to be able to stand when others in front of me are standing and impeding my view.  I also expect to be able to do so without being verbally accosted and threatened.  The best part is how the people who were threatening us with violence and spewing profanity in front of children in the section were the one's calling us "white trash". 

So, which one were you?

• Content Count:  27

Its not an effing opera!!!!!!!!!! its a game stand and cheer if you want. you know whats awesome about having legs? you can stand

It is a PRACTICE. It doesn't even matter!!!!! You know what it awesome about having an A**? You can sit on it.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So, which one were you?

White shirt green hat, farthest to the right. 

• Content Count:  1,390

There were a lot of people standing in the first couple of rows during the first half. When someone told them to sit down, one guy goes "We have to stand up because we can't see". Ummm...How can you not see exactly? You're in the first rows with only the players in front of you! If you can't see because you are too low then that is your own fault!

The worst though was when 3 girls a few seats over from us were standing. A certain players father told them to sit down. They turn and say that they need to stand because of the people in the first few rows standing that are blocking their view....not speaking in a rude tone or anything. Well the players father replies back by saying that it is their sons last season playing football and to sit down. The girls dont respond. The father then goes off, saying they are "all stupid little bitches" and that everyone of them deserved to be slapped. The mom also chimed in that they "obviously weren't raised right."

I was on the parents side until they began spouting personal attacks towards 3 girls, none of which could have been over 20, and one of them I have definitely seen in Juniper (freshman housing).

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

lol a player's father wants to see his son play in the spring game? he's got 12 more games he can watch, when it counts.

sounds like people are just being lame. if people are standing, too bad. they should remember that and go buy tickets for better seats.

Archived