• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

at spring game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

I have had this issue before with basketball games where my friends and I were standing and people have asked us to sit. Granted, most of these have been women's games and there is basically no one there, but I wouldn't sit down because I'm in the student section and I feel bad there there are only about 50 people at the game, so me and my 5 friends are standing and trying to be loud. At the women's game I have an issue with people asking me to sit down because the ENTIRE student section is empty and they can easily move up a few rows or move over a couple of seats and will be able to see perfectly fine.

With that being said,  I have an issue with people standing at a spring game. To quote Iverson, "We're talking about practice here...practice. Not a game, but practice." They are both our teams, it is basically an open practice, and it isn't a student section. Plus, there are people sitting in certain seats to try to figure out where they want to sit for season tickets.

For a regular season game in the student section, this would be an entirely different issue, I would tell the person behind me to suck it up or sit higher if they want to see. But seriously, spring game guys, chill out and sit down when people ask you..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

it was my first spring game.  not a great experience.  somewhat pissed that i am herded to GA as a STH.  probably wont next year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

it was my first spring game.  not a great experience.  somewhat pissed that i am herded to GA as a STH.  probably wont next year

Mike, the whole stadium is GA for the spring game every year... I don't understand... this wasn't anything new.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

They successfully proved who the bigger idiots were. Congrats!

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

It was a pathetic effort by USF, they treated fans and season ticket holders very poorly...the student sections arent for sale, let the excess crowd sit there.

• Content Count:  1,479

I haven't read every post in this thread, so sorry if that has been mentioned before but I thought it was odd they didn't open up the 200 level sections until later, if I remember correctly, other spring games those sections were open from the start.

I am usually a strong proponent of standing at games, especially 1st series on defense, 3rd downs, etc but this was a practice, really was not necessary. By end of 1st quarter most people sat down. I was in the section next to the guys that had the TSA come talk to them,  from my view, everyone was being a douchebag. A guy had moved down in front of them so he could see was taunting them from 10 rows away, which is just going to egg them on not to sit down. 

Also, does anyone know who "Helmet Guy" was? For those not there, a guy on the sideline had his head/face painted as a white helmet and even had black lines as the facemask.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Well two of the other guys remained standing and they were indeed trying to make a point, especially when no one tried to go about getting them to sit in a civil way, just started to scream and throw insults pretty much immediately like children.

I think the "children" label looks like it could be placed on both sides ..... although standing "to make a point" is probably preferable to standing "so my pants don't get wet".   8-)

Two of the four people in question were standing because everyone in front of them was standing how that's "acting like children" i have no idea.

Didn't mean to imply that everyone standing was acting like a child but that would certainly describe the pouting juveniles who wouldn't sit down just to make a point..

As for the they're standing because they don't want to sit in wet seats, i don't know where that came from because as far as i know that was not the reason any of the 4 in this incident were standing.

Not sitting because of the seats being wet was mentioned earlier in this thread by someone else ...  

• Content Count:  3,403

poor baby.  It's a spring game.  Everyone gets a good seat.

• Content Count:  4,738

Mike, the whole stadium is GA for the spring game every year... I don't understand... this wasn't anything new.

guess im glad i havent been before

i understand not estimating crowd size, but adjust and open sections. when people are leaving in the first quarter its a problem

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I too was disappointed in the seating arrangements.  We had to stand for the first half in the south endzone.  Then the TSA guys kicked us out of there, but they had 235 and 236 open then.  Those were nice seats!

They should have been more prepared, but it's not too big of a deal.  Just gotta anticipate.  "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst!"

Archived