• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have an offense with a featured back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I believe everyone hear wants a feature back.  But I think we have two fantastic guys that could share carries and be more effective.  That would be Ford and Taylor.  I think next year we may see that, but this year, with taylor out the coaches are relying on Moise to be a leader and help out the team and split with Mike.

And recievers?  I don't know what Pat Richardson is doing catching a 4th down pass play, bogan should've been the man.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I am for what ever takes us to a BULLS Victory. I am a fan/ Alumni. The coaches will make their best guess/ decisions. Their continued employment depends on their making the correct decision.

we can debate all we want but they recruited these players and they should know the best way to use them.

Go Bulls

Ty

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

I want us to cut it down to 2 RBs, like most NFL teams now, but the Spread we run has the QB basically being one of those 2. Just use Ford and Taylor when he's back.

Have Lamar or whoever else is back there do mop up.

Lamar should be used like UF had used Harvin and currently use Demps.  Line em up in the slot as well as the back field.  When you have speed like those guys you need to get them in space as much as possible.  BJ and Mike in the back field and Lamar coming in motion from the slot would give defenses fits.  Ford and Taylor should be our true RB's and Lamar should be used as a utility player so we can get him in space and use his speed. 

This is how they should be used.  Lamar has the speed to go around and turn the corner.  He can also be effective with the screen.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What we should feature

Rb

Ford

Lamar

WR

Mitchel

Hester

Bogan

Griff

TE

We should use them

FB

Kelly

We should use them

(Why was 21 the lead blocking back and not Kelly on short yardage?)

QUARTERback

Daniels (throw the ball kid)

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I dunno why Murray was used instead of Kelly but i do know Murray is a physical and strong kid that isn't afraid to knock heads with anyone.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

and featured receivers?

or stay the course with haphazard personnel moves

I think having a featured back with a backup is ordinary...I think a move in that direction would help if we have a good enough RB to go that route with.

While I know you're incompetent on some matters and looking for trouble on others (hence the haphazard comment), watching the NFL games this past weekend I heard multiple comments on how some teams went to many receivers to keep the defense off balance as opposed to trying to go to one in double coverage all day.

I don't really see it an issue with the receivers since we have 4 and 5 receiver sets. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

and featured receivers?

I think having a featured back with a backup is ordinary...I think a move in that direction would help if we have a good enough RB to go that route with.

While I know you're incompetent on some matters and looking for trouble on others (hence the haphazard comment), watching the NFL games this past weekend I heard multiple comments on how some teams went to many receivers to keep the defense off balance as opposed to trying to go to one in double coverage all day.

I don't really see it an issue with the receivers since we have 4 and 5 receiver sets. 

i dont think anyone wants to get rid of 4 and 5 wr sets...

what people want is the same 4-5 receivers on the field, not a rotation of 10.

I didn't suggest that anyone wanted to get rid of 4 and 5 WR sets.  What I said was we won't have a featured receiver in our offense because of the 4 and 5 WR sets...

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

and featured receivers?

So question?  why are they haphazard?

1) Because the players are producing and the coaches just hate them?

2) Because the coaches just love the term haphazard?

3) Because the only thing consistent about our offense is inconsistent output and that keeps the defenses guessin'.

4) Because no one has stepped up at any of the positions more than Mitchell and staked their claim.

This question makes it seem like it is the coach's decisions to make the play this inconsistent.

Andre Hall was the man here, and he was the offense, CJL is not afraid of a feature back or whatever, but lets face it, we don't have it.  Ford looks like he can be the man, but then he starts dancing in the backfield like he is lamar and loses 5 yards.

You know smazza, his question is a veiled effort to kick the coaches in the stomach again.  They can't be as smart as him.  He coaches Pop Warner and knows what works. 

Archived